Chapter 12

It was nearing the end of the month and I was getting nervous about the party this weekend. Especially after that disaster of a birthday party. Luckily, he got away with only a small make out with Clint and a hickey from Tony. It could have been a lot worse. It was also a good thing that MJ and Wade hit it off. I knew they'd get along. Not only that, but things at the tower are putting my nerves on end. I had to take some time off with all the heated looks I've been getting. Luckily, Reed's been letting me help in his lab, and it's been easy to avoid Johnny while there so that's a plus. Also, MJ and I started our own news website along with a magazine to go with it. I take the pictures, she does the research and we both write the articles. It's not very popular yet, but at least we're getting the truth out.

I was planning on taking a trip over to Hell's Kitchen so I could get a few stories about Daredevil. I probably should have told someone I was going; just in case I was there a while. I'll just call MJ when I get there. I'd call her now, but she's hanging out with Natasha again. I swear, there's something on between those two.

Skating down the street, I was a bit bummed about how I haven't found a good story yet, but smiled at the warmth of the sun. I had a feeling today was going to be a good day. Well, for the part anyways. Something bad always happened to me. You know, with my Parker luck. But the feeling soon started to fade as I went deeper into Hell's kitchen. Gulping a bit, I put my board in my bag and took out my camera. I don't know why I was so nervous. I came here as Spider-Man all the time.

Looking at the sky getting darker, I shook my head. There's no way it's already getting dark. Checking my phone, I saw it was already nine! How in the world was I out here that long? Guess I should start heading home. Turning to head off, something red caught my eye. Looking up at the roofs, my eyes widened a bit. Standing there was the man I had been looking for. Daredevil. Slowly I raised my camera, hoping he wouldn't move. Taking the picture, I saw his head snap in my direction. He must have heard the shutter from my camera.

I looked down at the perfect picture, making me smile a bit. When I looked back up to where he was, he was gone. Great. Now how am I supposed to get my story? Running around Hell's Kitchen blindly, I felt something ram me into a brick wall. Groaning, I looked at who was pinning me. They had on a hood and cloak that reminded me of those losers who kidnapped me on my birthday. My face paled as I realized who that was. But what is it with guys and slamming me into walls? I think I have a permanent bruise on my back.

"Why can't you magic freaks leave me alone?!"

"Peter Parker, we need you to give yourself to Loki..."

"What?! No way in hell! Why would I even do that?!

"Because we have made a deal with him. If you give yourself to Loki, then he can protect us from what we have seen."

"What you have seen...?"

"Yes. It is very dangerous and will kill us. Loki knows a spell that can shield us from the attackers."

"How am I supposed to believe you? I need to have proof."

They didn't like that answer, as a growl came from them. "If you will not come willingly, then I will make you." They pulled out a dagger that looked like it was dipped in some sort of black goop.