Chapter 6

It's been a week since what happened and Tony was lying unconscious on a bed in a S.H.I.E.L.D. medical rooms. Waking with a start, the genius sat up and looked around frantically.

"Tony. Lay back down."

Looking up, he relaxed a bit when he saw the orange haired woman by his side. "Pepper?"

"Yes. It's okay Tony. Now you need to rest."

"Peter. Where's Peter?" Taking the IV out of his arm, the older brunette had panic written all over his face. "Is he okay?"

"Calm down. He's fine. He's at his aunt's house getting all the tranquilizer out of his system. It's not a pretty sight."

"I need to see him." Standing, Tony fell into a heap on the floor.

"Oh my god! Tony!" Helping him up, she laid him in bed. "You are to stay there until I say so." Leaving the room, she sighed out. "So reckless. I swear."

After he was sure that she was gone, Tony got up slowly and carefully. "Putting on his shoes and grabbing his keys, he made his way to the door, sneaking out and having Happy take him to Peter's aunt's house.

"I'll pick you up in a few hours if Pepper hasn't killed me first for helping you."

"Thank you Happy." Getting out, he almost fell face first into the street.

"Are you sure you don't want any help to the door?"

"I'll be fine." Going up to the door, he knocked a few times trying not to be impatient and just pick the lock. Once the door opened, Tony was surprised to see his old friend, Reed Richards, standing there. "Reed? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question. Aren't you supposed to be at S.H.I.E.L.D. resting?"

"I can't right now. I need to see Peter."

"I'd advise against that."

"I snuck out to see him at risk of Pepper's wrath. I'm worried."

"...Alright. But don't say I didn't warn you." Letting him in, Reed helped him climb the steps.

"So how do you know Peter?"

"He worked for me back when he was a freshman. Plus, Sue is friends with his aunt. I'm surprised you haven't dug through all his information like you do with everyone else. Especially people who work for you."

"Haven't had the time. I can't believe someone who worked with you didn't stay with you."

"It's a long story." Stopping in front of a door, the older of the two lightly knocked.

The door opened to show a woman who looks about in her 60's. She stepped out closed the door slowly and quietly behind her.

"Tony, this is May Parker, Peter's aunt. May, this is Tony Stark. He wanted to come to see how Peter was doing."

"I appreciate your concern but you should be resting after all of that."

"I appreciate your concern but, please.... I need to see if he's okay. Then I swear, I'll go and rest. Please. I'm begging you. And I don't beg."

Thinking about it, a smile came to her lips. "Okay. You go in and see him. Reed and I will prepare a room for you." Lightly patting his shoulder, May took Reed to a guest room.

"Thank you!" Tony called after them before slowly going in and closing the door behind him. "Peter?"

Looking up from the trash can that was between his long legs, Peter blinked a few times to focus his eyes. "Mr. Stark? W-what are you doing here?"

"Call me Tony, and I came to check on you. Duh."

"You should be resting."

"So I've been told."

"How are you feeling?" Peter asked before hurling into the metal can, yet again.

"You're the one over there tossing your cookies, pale, and sweating but you're still worrying about me?" Tony stared at him with fond eyes. "You really are something else."

Setting the trash can down, Peter took off his completely soaked t-shirt before laying down on the bed.

"I'll let you get some rest kid."

"No... no. Stay. Please? I don't want to be alone right now." A bit shocked, Tony went over and sat on the end of the bed and watched as Peter crawled over to him and laid his head in his lap, falling asleep.

"Kid... you're going to be the end of me. I hope you know that." He whispered, messing with the younger's hair and cursed under his breath. "You better get better soon."