Chapter 4

It was my day off and I was on my way to visit Bruce in the lab over at the tower. Everything was going great until I stepped off the elevator. As soon as my foot touched the ground, my Spidey senses were going off like sirens.

People were running panicked down the hall my way. Without thinking, I jumped up and stuck to the ceiling. Everyone was too freaked out to notice and I'm sure JARVIS won't tell on me. "JARVIS! What's going on?!"

"It seems that something has caused the Hulk to be unleashed. I suggest that you get out of here Mr. Parker."

"The Hulk? Bruce! I'm sorry but I can't just leave him here." Crawling along the ceiling, I made my way towards where he was, the screams and loud footsteps started to die down but I still had to be careful. "And JARVIS... please don't tell the others about this. I'll tell them just... not yet."

"Of course, Mr. Parker. But I suggest you do it soon before something happens."

"Oh please. What could happen?" Of course, that was the worst thing that I could have asked myself at that moment. As fate would have it, my Park Luck sent the rampaging Hulk through a wall and towards me. Luckily everyone was off this floor. I made my way over towards him for a better look. He didn't look mad. He looked... in pain. It made my heart break, I had to do something. Something seriously was wrong. "JARVIS. Something is wrong. He looks like he's in pain." I tried my best to whisper.

"I'll scan him and see what is the matter." A green light came out and scanned his whole body making him look around in confusion. "It seems you're right. There's something in the base of the back his neck. If it was taken out he would most likely turn back to normal."

"...I'm going in."

"I'd advise against that."

"Too late." Jumping down, Peter landed in front of the Hulk. "Dr. Banner?" He set his eyes on me, now having anger mixed in them. "No. No no. I meant Hulk. That's who you are right? The Hulk?"

"Just Hulk." He bent down and got in close to my face. "Puny human."

"Yep... that's me. Puny Parker..." Pushing my glasses up, I tried to stay myself. "Big guy... there's something in your neck and I need to get it out." This was going before then I thought. I slowly reached up and grabbed onto the thing.

Which wasn't the best thing to do... He let out a loud roar and went to grab at me. Luckily, I moved out of the way in time and was now on his back. I held on the best I could as he ran down the halls and through walls. I tried to get my bearings but I was starting to fade fast. My mind was racing and couldn't focus on a single thing until I felt my grip tighten around something small and metal.

"The... device..." Using that moment of clarity, I yanked the thing out before we went smashed through something, and I hit the ground everything going black.

~

The Hulk looked down at the teenager on the ground as he started to calm down. Everything was slowly started to become clearer as the fog in his mind lifted. Seeing him unconscious like that made something click.

Bruce Banner was on the ground, his clothes all ripped. He couldn't remember what happened but looking around, he could only guess that the Hulk came out and destroyed everything. Spotting Peter on the ground, his stomach flipped and his heart stilled. "Peter... oh my god." Running over to him, he got down next to him.

Putting his hands on his face, he put his ear to his chest to check to make sure he was breathing. "Oh, thank god."

Groaning, Peter started to come to. "Bruce...?" Slowly opening his eyes, he grabbed his head. "My head is pounding... is this blood?"

Bruce paled at the word. "Peter... I... I hurt you."

"What? No. Bruce." Sitting up, he winced and fell back down. "You didn't... the thing in my hand caused it. It was in your neck. Please don't blame- "

"Everyone okay over here?!" Tony yelled running over. "Holy shit what the hell happened?"