Chapter 14

"So, you're some link to this thing they were talking about?" MJ asked, now in a circle on the floor with the rest of the Avengers, Peter, and Wade with big old books and notes everywhere.

"That's what I gathered from all of this. I guess that I'm needed for them to have Loki do a favor for them I guess. You offer something that they would desire to a powerful being and in return, they do any one favor for you. But why me?"

"Because there's something special about you Peter. Haven't you noticed that yet?"

"What I wouldn't give to be normal right now."

"Oh! Speaking of special, Peter may me and Bruce talk to you about something important?"

"Can it wait? I'm still trying to make sense of all of this first before I take in any new information." Giving out a tired groan, Peter's head hit the book that was in front of him. "God, what I wouldn't give for some coffee right now. Or a translator. Or both."

A loud crack a thunder filled the air making the two teens jump as everyone else just looked towards the window that flew open. In walked the one and only Thor Odinson, holding a large cup of fresh hot coffee. "Hello, friends! I have returned from Asgard and have brought some coffee that one of the people there have made."

Looking up, Peter's eyes lit up. "That is perfect timing. He can translate it and he has coffee. I'm now marrying him." Getting up, he ran over and swiped the cup from the god's hands.

"Don't mind Peter." Natasha apologized for him going over to her friend. "He's tired and in need of a caffeine fix."

"Tis alright. So, this is the young Peter you all speak of so often?"

"Yes. You kind of met once. We were on our way out for a mission and you ran him over."

"Can we not talk about that? I'm trying to have a pleasant and relaxing, non-embarrassing moment with this cup of coffee bigger than my head."

"How can you even lift that with those scrawny arms?" Clint asked poking at the twig arms. "Oh, wait wait. There's some muscle there."

"Stop feeling me up. I'm trying to drink this."

Taking the cup, Thor chuckled at the whine Peter gave. "One should not drink too much of this. It is very strong young Parker."

"Alright..." Yawning, Peter sat back down in his spot. "I don't see what the big deal is. I don't even feel awake." As soon as he said that, his eyes widened. A sudden burst of energy ran through his body, not being able to sit still.

"Oh lord. He's on a caffeine high. These never end well." MJ said trying to keep him sitting.

"You've dealt with these before?"

"Yep. Every year during finals. He loads up on caffeine, studies his ass off and then is bouncing off the walls for the next two days and then finally crashing and sleeping for the next three days. It's worse if he sneaks in energy drinks."

~

After a few hours of trying to get Peter to sit still and focus on work, the rest of the team was worn out. Peter had an inhumanly amount of energy still and was up flipping through the books. "I can't believe that they're all asleep. There is very important work."

"Young Parker. Are you still awake?" Thor asked sitting next to the teen. "Perhaps Asgardian coffee is too much for your mortal system." Picking up one of the books, he carefully flipped through, looking at the old pages and faded ink. "Why do you have such old Norse books?"

"The guys who kidnapped me had them and was using them to summon Loki. I need to know if there's anything in here that pretends to me. I'm 95% certain that this is a life or death situation."

"This is very important! Why has not anyone told me about this?! Young Parker, I offer you my assistance in translating the text."

"Really?! Thor, thank you so much! You rock." Pulling one of them on his lap, Peter found the marked page with odd symbols on it. "This is the one I saw them using when they summoned Loki."

"Why would they summon my brother?"

"I'm not entirely sure. The first thing I found out was that it wasn't just me they needed. They also needed some girl. I'm concerned for her... so the faster we figure this out the faster we can help her too. The next thing I found out was that they need me alive and to 'give myself to Loki' for him to protect us from 'what they have seen'. But I'm sure Loki would just double-cross them or that they're trying to keep something good from us so... I don't want to be at the end of that." Handing the book over to Thor, Peter fell back on the floor trying to stay awake.

"Well, the text seems to be Norwegian."

"What's it say?"

"'Gutten med kraften til den store arachnid vil være nøkkelen til universet og alt i det'. It means 'The boy with the power of the great arachnid will be the key to the universe and all in it'." Growing confused, he looked over at Peter. "The boy with the power of the great arachnid?"

"...Oh shit..."