Chapter 3

Walking into the tower the next morning, Peter was on his way to the elevator when he was stopped by Pepper. Offering her a smile, the teen pushed up his glasses. "Morning Ms. Potts."

"Good morning Mr. Parker. I need you to help out the Avengers in this order during the week." The redhead said handing him a file. "One to two members for each day. This was recommended by Ellie but she's not here to explain it to you so you'll need these." She said handing him more files.

"Really? That sounds awesome." I smiled, not being able to contain my excitement and fanboyed a little, making her giggle next to me. "Wait... where is Ellie? I didn't see her at the coffee shop this morning."

"She had some... personal things to take care of today. I'm not sure when she'll be back. But don't worry, alright? And you won't be that excited about his job soon. Especially when you work with Tony. Good luck. You're going to need it."

"Wonder what she meant by that... oh well. This is going to be awesome no matter what she says." Getting in the elevator, I checked who I would be spending the day with. "Steven Rogers...?" It took a few minutes for my brain to process that. "Oh, my god.... I'm helping out Captain America." I couldn't believe it. I was excited and nervous, I wanted to jump up and down but also throw up. Stepping out of the elevator, I was now in a gym/training area. And there he was, in all his glory and perfection... I would never say this out loud but, I had a huge crush on him as a kid.

"Good morning." Looking, I saw that he was now right in front of me.

He was so much more good looking up close, letting me see all his features. Those clear blue eyes, golden blonde hair... Oh, my god... I sound like a lovesick teenage girl! Plus, I'm staring! Nice first impression Park! "Uh... g-good morning." Great. Just great. I'm stuttering now. "I'm Peter Parker. I'll be helping you out today."

"Nice to meet you. Are you sure you'll be able to keep up with me?"

'Boy, I really hope so...' I thought before giving a nod. "And if I can't... I'll try my best to catch up."

A small grin appeared on his face. "Alright. Then let's begin. Follow me." Following him, we were in front of a punching bag. Steve began to tape up his hands as he turned to me. "I need you to bring me a punching bag." He wasn't serious, was he? He had a perfectly good on right there, but, I didn't argue and went over to a pile of them while he started to punch the one hanging in front of him.

Picking one up, I tossed it over my shoulder. Man, these things were heavy. Thank god for Spidey strength or else I'd be flat on the ground with this thing crashing me. Going back over, I stopped a few feet away to watch. He really was amazing. His muscles flexed with each hit. Each hit was precise. After a few minutes, he punched it so hard, that it flew off the hook and across the room! Even some sand was spilling out of it. "Whoa..."

Looking my way, he was panting and sweating, giving me a confused look.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I hung up the next bag. And that's what we did for the next two hours. Sitting on the floor, I watched Steve lift a few weights and jump rope. To be honest, this wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

"Parker." Hearing my name, I looked up to see him drenched in sweat. "Could I ask you to get us lunch and me some water?"

"Yes, right away." Getting up, I quickly went to grab some food and water for us. Walking back, I thought about what had been happening the past week. It's weird. I feel like I'm about to be in the middle of something important. Maybe my Spidey Sense was just going haywire again. It's been doing that recently. Handing the water to Steve, I set down the lunch and started to take it out of the bags, I felt eyes on me. Looking, I saw him looking at me. Odd. After a quiet lunch, I started to clean up. "So, what's next?"

"Running laps. Are you up for it?"

"Running laps? Y-yeah. Yeah, I'm up for it." At least I hope so. Some training will probably do me some good. Well, I was wrong. It was doing me more harm than good. I was on my fourth lap around Central Park and felt like I was dying! I'm Spider-Man! I shouldn't be tired out this easily. Then again, I do more swinging from buildings then running. Still no excuse. Man, I was out of shape. The lucky ass in front of me is on his twenty-fifth lap and hasn't even broken a sweat. I swear if I hear those three words again...

"On your left." I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

"I... give... up." Once I huffed that out, I ended up kissing the pavement. Or else I would have, if two strong arms hadn't wrapped around me, picking me up bridal style. I'd be embarrassed and freaking out if I wasn't so worn out. After that, we sat in the training room and talked for the rest of the day. It was nice. I learned somethings about Steve that only a few people know; I can't believe that he would feel close enough to me to tell me these things. By the time we went to leave, it was already dark!

"Wow... I can't believe that we talked for that long."

"Yeah... It was nice talking to you, Peter." Smiling, he headed off.

"Wait... he called me Peter..." I couldn't help but smile on my way home. That is until my Spidey senses went off. Great. Off to fight baddies with a sore body. Swinging over to a rooftop in my Spider-Man costume, I looked down at the scene. There were dead bodies and the one and only Merc with the Mouth. "Deadpool!"

He looked up at me still holding his gun and waved to me with that hand before climbing up to meet me. "Hello, Spidey-kins. What can I do for you?"

"What did I say about no killing?!"

"I had no choice but to unalive them. They were doing some weird magical summoning thing with alien-like monsters. And my bullets didn't do anything until I hit their hearts."

"...We should tell the Avengers about this."

"You don't worry you're pretty little ass about it. I already told them."

Crossing my arms, I didn't know if I could believe him on this matter or not. "Oh really?"

"Yep! Look there's Iron Man now!" Looking to where he was pointing, I could see he was telling the truth. Now all that's left is to figure out what the hell is going on.