paul #8 | music notes

Paul and you had been dating for two years. He thought about proposing but he feared you'd say no. After all you are a very anxious person, afraid of change.

One night while you were sick Paul came to your house with soup. "How ya' doing babe" he said frowning a little. "I'm okay, just a slight fever" you nodded. Paul still helped you sit up, to which you replied with 'I'm just fine Paul'. He persisted.

Paul left you to eat but told you he'd be back in a bit. Little did you know what was coming your way. No it wasn't a proposal but still as sentimental.

When Paul returned he had a guitar with him. You were puzzled at first but smiled when he said he wrote a new song. "It's called 'I've just seen a face'" he said plucking a few chords. Then he started to sing;

"I've just seen a face,
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just met.
She's just the girl for me
And I want all the world to see
We've met, mm-mm-mm-m'mm-mm"

Paul winked at you when he sung 'she's just the girl for me'.

"Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
And I'd have never been aware.
But as it is I'll dream of her
Tonight, di-di-di-di'n'di."

You smiled as Paul continued to sing quietly. You paid attention to the chords and his looks as he played them. He looked so carefree, you loved it. You loved him.

"Oh, falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again."

As the song came to a close, Paul leaned in and kissed your lips tenderly. "This song is for you my dear, never forget that" he whispered softly. You looked into his big hazel eyes and smiled as big as you could.

"Paul I have a question" you stated suddenly. He nodded. "Will you marry me" you asked nervously. Paul's eyes widened as he began to tear up. "Yes darling, yes" he said.