Thirteen: The Planning Room

Stone Prince

After having four full plates to eat for breakfast, Jimin was entirely stuffed.

In the large dining hall, breakfast was just finishing and servants were clearing the numerous tables of their leftover scraps. By the time Jimin spotted the other two princes returning from the main hall, almost everything was cleared away. Guess they aren't hungry.

Jungkook appeared to be in a much better mood now, exchanging smiles and small talk with the blonde prince. Every once in a while, Taehyung would nudge the younger's side at something funny. Jimin bet that the Laurel Prince was probably discussing something stupid. Something charming...probably. Why does that bother me...?

Jimin cracked his neck and put on a blank face before the two could see the distaste painted across his face. It wasn't because Jimin was angry that the two got along so easily, but...okay, maybe it was exactly that. Taehyung naturally possessed the ability to get along with everyone, completely opposite of him. Jimin didn't know the first thing when it came to interaction.

At least I get along pretty well with the Laurel Prince though. It's kind of hard not to.

"Hi Jimin." Jungkook's bright voice called Jimin out of his self-reflection. The Stone Prince glanced up to see Jungkook smiling kindly at him. A strange sight indeed.

Only moments prior, Jungkook had been almost disgusted with him, as if Jimin had done something to dishonor Jungkook in some way. At least that's what it seemed like to Jimin given Jungkook's awkward body language and cold responses to him.

Jimin looked to Taehyung, who only gave him a nod as if to say 'the problem has been solved, don't worry about it, Jimin.'

"Hello...Jungkook. Feeling any better?" Jimin cursed himself for sounding so cold.

"Yes, I'm feeling much better, thank you. Now, why don't we head up to the planning room so we can discuss the situation? It's quieter there." Jungkook padded off to ask a servant something and returned within seconds. "The room is clear of everyone. We can discuss Jihoon and war with our courts or it can be only us three if you guys want."

"Just us three." Jimin was quick with his response. "We need to minimize the amount of info going into and out of this castle if we are to be successful in handling the situation."

Taehyung agreed with a nod and click of the tongue. "Well then, let's be off, yeah?"

Jimin watched as Taehyung gave Jungkook a friendly pat on the shoulder as the three turned to leave. He saw how the tan hand fell naturally onto Jungkook's black coat. It irked him a bit.

How are they so close already? Why doesn't Taehyung put his hand on my shoulder?

As Jimin followed behind the two walking in front of him, Taehyung suddenly slowed his pace to walk alongside Jimin. Jungkook slowed down to see why Taehyung lagging behind, but eventually sped up when he realized what the Laurel Prince was doing. Speaking with Jimin.

"How was the rest of your breakfast, Park? I'm surprised you haven't exploded yet from all those plates you devoured." Taehyung playfully hit Jimin's stomach. He showed off a row of straight white teeth as his hand returned to his side.

Jimin tried not to show the Laurel Prince the smile that bubbled under the surface of his face (he surprisingly liked the taps at his stomach) but gave up after Taehyung mimicked throwing up all over Jungkook's back. He's quite the entertainment. I like this guy.

"It was absolutely delicious...I can eat more than people expect me to, I've been told." Jimin smiled as they began to climb up the stairs to the second floor. "At the Stone Castle they say my stomach is a black hole."