Thirty Seven: Plans

Laurel Prince 

Holding up the scribbled-on paper closer to the light next to him, Taehyung was completely dumbfounded. Jungkook's handwriting was hardly legible, and several misshapen arrows curved about the page. Adorning the Oak Prince's instructions for the gas masks were many interesting sketches that detailed what size he wanted the masks to be, what material they were to be made of, and where to get the supplies from. 

The only problem was, Taehyung couldn't decipher any of it, and Jungkook wasn't waking up anytime soon. If the masks were to be ready before Jihoon showed up at the Oak Castle, the Laurel Prince had to crack the code as soon as he could. 

Taehyung turned the page in his hands this way and that. He held the page up close to his face, then far away. Nothing made sense. It was a garbled mess that somehow was going to save everyone around him, but at the moment...

"Can you understand it?" one of Jungkook's staff members eagerly asked Taehyung. 

Taehyung barely glanced up at the man who had a hopeful expression painted across his old features, "Sorry, no. Did the Oak Prince manage to tell you guys anything about his idea for the masks?"

The handful of men in the room with him only shook their heads in response...which Taehyung found to be quite surprising. 

If Jungkook wanted this effort to go over smoothly, wouldn't he discuss his plans with his own people? Wouldn't exchanging ideas and advice with a willing staff group aid him throughout the process?

"Hmmm," Taehyung sighed, mulling over the sheet of plans. Jungkook seriously needed to improve his penmanship, "I just don't get why he would-"

"It's alright, Laurel Prince. You don't need to worry about it. We can try to decipher it while you rest up. You still look pretty beaten up-"

"No," Taehyung turned away from the man who was holding his hand out for the plans, "The Oak Prince wants me to look over his work and oversee everything while he is...out."

The man moved closer, fingertips edging for the plans. A frown touched upon his lips as Taehyung instinctively scooted away.

"But Prince Kim, I don't think you are-"

"Enough," Taehyung shot a glare at the desperate man, "Leave me be now."

For a split second, the Laurel Prince wondered if this group of people was going to listen to him or not. They all had very hesitant looks in their eyes and Taehyung caught one of them mouthing something to another member of the group. 

The blonde maintained his eye contact with the first man, "I said-"

"We heard sir," the main guy nodded for his counterparts to leave Jungkook's study, "And we hope that you can figure the Oak Prince's plans out quickly," the man walked toward the door and paused one last time to glance at the blonde, "For Noirwood." 

Taehyung didn't miss the hint of venom in his voice. Jungkook's court seemed very wary of the Laurel Prince, and he couldn't understand why. 

What did he do to Jungkook?

His lips pressed together in determination and a bit of irritation as he scoured the paper again. His eyes trailed down the smears of ink as he spun the page around in his long fingers. He had so many questions. 

Why would Jungkook spend his day making something so atrociously messy? Why would his court appear so antsy to get their hands on-

Then it hit him. 

If Jungkook was the careful and precise prince that everyone knew him to be, then he would be sure to make a report that was at least legible. But this...this was so messy...like a child had done it. Meaning...