Thirty: Operation Blonde Part 2

Oak Prince

While Jimin was off on a mission to transform into his female character "Minnie" for the plan to save Taehyung, Jungkook was left to find his own disguise. However, his disguise didn't involve dressing as a  girl...partly because no one would buy that the ravenette in a gown was female, and also because-

The ravenette really wanted to see Jimin in a dress. 

So instead, Jungkook would need one of Jihoon's men's uniforms in order to infiltrate the compound without being suspected. It might be risky going without Jimin to find a uniform, but they were tight on time and Jungkook was confident that he could take out one of Jihoon's men if he needed to. He could always fall back on his brain to get out of tough situations. 

Jungkook clipped his sword onto his belt and ran a hand through his hair before glancing at the empty inn room. If everything went okay, this wouldn't be the last time he saw this bed. He could only hope. 

He crossed his fingers as he stepped outside of the room. After the door clicked shut, he stood there with his hand splayed on the cool wood of the wall in the hallway. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. 

Taehyung, we'll get you back. 

After a few flights of stairs and a walk through an empty reception room, Jungkook squinted as the light from outside hit his cheeks. He strode through the front door and blinked a few times as his brown eyes adjusted to the morning light. Instead of making his way towards the stables for his horse, he walked down the cobble path to the downtown area, head kept low. 

He needed to be as inconspicuous as possible. Riding on a horse would make him a perfect target. Blending in as a townsperson was much easier done on foot. 

Every now and then, he would lift his head to see where he was going. His goal was the chain of taverns in the center of the town. 

If he wanted to get one of the soldiers' uniforms, might as well take advantage of them while they were intoxicated. 

But for now, he just focused on taking the path step by step, eyeing the activity of the strange town he was in. 

In the small town just outside of the vicinity of the Laurel Castle, people milled sullenly to their work. Bystanders in the streets tapped their feet impatiently, angry at the coming army that was likely to take their town at anytime. The worst part was, everyone already knew they had no hope at thwarting Jihoon's men, because it was common news that the Laurel Army was completely wiped out. Jungkook couldn't help but feel a little pity for them. However, he didn't have time to feel sorry about the situation.

He was the one who had to make it better. 

Ahead of him, a pair of people were strolling towards him on the path. As they were passing him by, he reached up to scratch his nose, attempting to obscure his princely features. 

"Yeah, Oak Prince-"

Jungkook felt his heart drop. Just hearing the title made him feel as if he had been caught red-handed. If people recognized him this early into the plan-

"-I think he's preparing something in the south..." the man talking walked passed him casually, nodding along to his counterpart. 

"We can only hope," the other man said and shrugged. 

Jungkook let out a grateful sigh and shook his head a few times. He picked up his pace and became increasingly wary with every person he strolled past along the path. Every few seconds, he whipped his head around to glance behind him. He wouldn't call it paranoia, but...