Thirty One: Operation Blonde Part 3

Laurel Prince

Taehyung huddled into the wall of his cell, eyes squinted shut from the trauma he had just been through in the tiled room. His shackles were back on, painfully digging into his tan ankles, but he could hardly feel them. A chill hung about in the air, enveloping Taehyung in a cold blanket of misery. His teeth chattered as he rocked back and forth against the damp walls, watching the small patch of light on the wall move across his room as the day passed. In his weakened state, Taehyung was far from trying to cause trouble for the guards outside his cell. However, he still attempted to get their attention from time to time. 

"Heyyyy!" the distress in his voice masked the anger he was trying to get out, "When my friends come, you are all going to regret c-capturing m--wooah," Taehyung got a sudden rush of vertigo in his seated position, head lolling to the left. He caught himself right before his head hit the floor.

He coughed a few times, his lungs still not fully recovered from the gas. After a few more unsuccessful yells out to the empty room around him, he gave up, slinking back into the wall for warmth. 

Please, Jungkook, Jimin don't come. 

They have the poisonous gas...It won't work out.

Save yourselves and focus on winning back the Laurel Castle, don't worry about me-

"LAUREL PRINCE!" a booming voice yelled from outside his room. The door opened to reveal more guards than he could count all lined up along the outside wall, "THE TIME HAS COME. YOU ARE NEEDED."

The blonde said nothing but glared with hatred at the two guards who pushed through the narrow doorway heading straight for him. He didn't resist as one guard unlocked his clasps and made no move to escape as another guard threw Taehyung over a beefy shoulder as if he was a sack of flour. Taehyung's voice was hoarse from screaming and his body was stiff from sitting on a cement floor for hours, but he still tried to ask a question. 

"Where-" Taehyung took a shaky breath, his chest rattling with effort, "Where are you taking me?"

The guard cracked his neck and lumbered out of the room and into the hall. About 20 of Jihoon's men were standing there as well, staring at him as if he was prey that they wanted to flay open. Taehyung averted his eyes from the disgusting stares of the men and focused on the boots of the guard. 

"We're taking you to be showcased, pretty boy," this guard was much more unnerving than the last one Taehyung got stuck with, "You'll be a perfect lure for the other two princes...." he took a dramatic breath and pitched his voice a tone higher, "It's a shame you have to see them die right in front of you."

Taehyung bit his tongue, wanting to cuss out the guard holding him in a fit of rage. He wanted to scream that the Stone Prince would cut off all of their heads, wanted to yell that the Oak Prince would save him, that they would all reunite and escape back to the south. 

He wished he could believe those words himself. 

But instead of letting out his hatred, he simply cleared his throat and spoke four words. 

"We'll see about that." 

The guard holding him burst into laughter, several of the men trailing behind him doing the same. Taehyung kept a straight face, eyes glued to the moving floor of the long hallway. He focused on the sensation of the blood in his head from being upside down. He focused on the way his chest lightly bounced against the guard's back. Ignoring the shitty people around him was his top priority.

He didn't want them to see that he was actually terrified inside. 

Soon, the chain of men had walked across the entire compound toward a large door. Taehyung couldn't look up to see where they were going, but when the door flew open and he heard distant bird calls, he was taken aback.