Twenty Nine: Operation Blonde Part 1

Oak Prince

Jungkook woke up in the middle of the night, the trace of a terrible nightmare left running through his shaking body. It was nothing like anything he had ever dreamt of before, only because it was so realistic...it was similar to the feeling of his first dream about Jimin. In the dream Jungkook was sitting on a white tiled floor, curled up in a tight ball to keep the cold out. His ankles were chained tightly to the wall and his hands were cut down the middle, like... 

Like Taehyung's hands.

Jungkook lifted his chin off of the tile to see a familiar blonde not too far away from him. Taehyung, chained across from him and sporting many new bruises and cuts, made Jungkook's heart dive into a black pool of both relief and horror. 

"T-Taehyung?" Jungkook called out to the blonde who was laying on his side facing away from the ravenette, "Hey Taehyung!"

The blonde rolled around in his spot to face Jungkook, eyes going wide when he saw the Oak Prince reaching out for him. 

"JUNGKOOK!" A hopeful smile lit up Taehyung's face, until the blonde saw the chains wrapped endlessly around the older's ankles. Taehyung's face fell and he frowned. Tears started to build up behind his long lashes. 

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I, I-ruined it for you. He knows...he knows that I...that I love you. He's going to kill you through me now."

Jungkook sat up, pulling hard against his chains at the dreary words leaking out of Taehyung's bloody lips, "What are you saying Taehyung? Who knows that you...you love me?"

Taehyung looked up at him, a tear rolling over a cut in his cheek. 

"Jihoon."

Before Jungkook could ask more questions, Taehyung suddenly began screaming in pain, convulsions taking over his weak body. His tan arms flailed uncontrollably left and right, smacking the tiles with hard thumps that made Jungkook wince. Jungkook wanted nothing more than to take the blonde's pain away then and there. He reached his arms out to the elder and the ravenette's arms began to evaporate in front of his eyes. 

"T-Taehyung!! TAEHYUNG!! NO, NO don't let me GO I want TO STAY-"

Jungkook woke up from his dream then, shooting up to a seated position atop the white sheets of the bed. He rubbed at his face, plagued by the last awful image of Taehyung's body shaking uncontrollably on the white tiled floor. The Oak Prince closed his eyes tight and sighed, turning his head to look at Jimin. 

Jimin was still snuggled right up against Jungkook's midsection despite the other's jerky movement and his breathing was light and steady. Jungkook wiped the sweat from his forehead and felt a bit of relief knowing that Jimin was alive and safe next to him. Jimin's face looked so peaceful and Jungkook had to restrain himself from touching the older's hair. He didn't want to wake Jimin up. 

It was still pitch black outside the inn window, only a few patchy fires burning in the distance. Jungkook knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep after that episode, so he began planning the pair's search and rescue mission for later that day. He wiggled out from under the covers very slowly so as not to disturb the beautiful sleeping gray-haired male and walked over to the desk in their room. He plopped down onto the desk chair and began mulling over everything he knew about his uncle. 

His uncle was a cunning, manipulative bastard who was likely hurting Taehyung in some way despite the fact that they were going to use him to lure Jungkook in. 

Jungkook felt a pang of sickness just thinking about it. 

Taehyung probably wasn't going along with Jihoon's plans willingly, but Jungkook knew that his ass of an uncle had ways to get things out of people.