Fifty Three: Found

Eonjin

"Yes. I think that's a great proposal, Jungkook. We shouldn't have to decide on a definitive soldier count per castle...rather-" 

"Each castle should start with volunteers to meet the standard quota...then if needed we conscript," Florian cut Eonjin off. 

Jungkook watched the two around the circular table, nodding at their suggestions, "It sounds good to me...when shall we enact this new legislation?"

Eonjin tilted her head towards Florian, her cheeks puffed out in thought, "Well...the Stone Castle should have defense as their number one priority...you know, just in case of another northern attack..."

"Agreed," the Oak Prince moved around the map on the table, pointing to the castle they were holding the meeting in, "This new Stone Castle is terribly understaffed. Florian, you should enact this rule tomorrow...Eonjin a bit later, and myself..." the ravenette chewed the inside of his lip, "Well, I already have a good-sized and well-trained army...you can attest to that, Florian."

Florian's eyes lit up, nodding at the Oak Prince's statement, "Yes. Commander Park trained them so well I'm afraid the Laurel Castle won't be known for its victories anymore..." Florian winked at Eonjin and chuckled. 

"We'll see about that..." Eonjin chimed, nudging the brunette with her shoulder, pushing past him to stand by Jungkook, "Perhaps I'll have to ask Taehyung to stay with me for a little and help train my soldiers..."

Jungkook immediately tensed up at that, "No...firstly, he can't hear and I'm not letting him do any form of combat again. Secondly, no. I'm not letting him leave my side so he can train soldiers when he should be focusing on his own health...and..." the Oak Prince trailed off, as if he had more to say but didn't want to say it. 

"And you're afraid to lose him like Jimin?" Eonjin put it out there bluntly, watching as Florian's and Jungkook's lips flattened out into frowns. Perhaps her choice of wording could've been better...especially since the ravenette was still on shaky grounds whenever Jimin was brought up in any of their conversations. But...

"That's exactly it," Jungkook spoke back instantly, face expressing nothing but responsibility, "I'm not going to risk losing Taehyung after what happened, Eonjin. I almost lost him once...never again. You have to understand, you're his-"

"Sister...yes, Jungkook. I didn't really mean it when I said that, y'know..." Eonjin lightly put her hand on his shoulder before returning to Florian's side, where she felt more comfortable. 

The three rulers of Noirwood had grown amiably close during their first couple months of rule, holding regular meetings to discuss the state of the kingdom. It was something that the previous three rulers never did before, but Jungkook insisted on the close communications, telling Eonjin and Florian repeatedly that they would not make the same mistakes of the past. 

So...here she was, in the new Stone Castle, talking defenses with the other two.

Well, that was until she hit a sore spot with the Oak Prince. 

But Jungkook seemed to recover well, carrying on the discussion with the other two royal members until they had formulated the finishing touches of their plan. 

When the meeting had just about wrapped up, Florian lightly tapped her wrist twice. It wasn't noticeable to the Oak Prince, who had his back to them as he rolled up the map, tapping his foot and briefly glancing at his pocket watch. 

Probably counting down the minutes until he got to see Kim Taehyung. 

Eonjin smiled at the sight, happy that her brother had such a caring partner to take care of him. It was heartwarming to see how joyous the ravenette made the blonde male, even if Taehyung couldn't hear him speak.