Thirty Three: Sharing

Oak Prince

The Oak Castle finally came into view after hours of tough riding, and Jungkook was so utterly grateful he thought he would break down into tears right then.

After Taehyung had lost consciousness in the two princes' arms, Jungkook was forced to ride with the blonde positioned awkwardly in front of him. The ravenette had to travel the entire distance while holding tightly onto Taehyung's waist, making sure he didn't fall off of the horse. It made navigation a bit difficult, but Jimin called out every now and then to help him avoid parts of the path. 

Towards the end of their trip, however, those small warnings coming from Jimin tapered down, until they eventually stopped altogether. Alarmed at the gray-haired male's silence, Jungkook stuck his head out from behind Taehyung and peered though the blond strands of hair in front of him. 

"Jimin?!" Jungkook saw the gray-haired male slumped over on his horse, one hand on his head. 

Oh no.

His head pain was back. 

"JIMIN!" Jungkook tried again after his first shout yielded no response.

Then, very slowly, Jimin pulled himself up off of his moving horse and turned halfway around to let Jungkook know that he was heard. From what Jungkook could see, Jimin was swaying a bit and wincing from the pain in his skull. 

"Damn it!" Jungkook's head bumped into Taehyung's shoulder blade as he recentered the unconscious blonde sitting in front of him. 

They only had a half hour left until the Oak Castle. 

"Jimin!" Jungkook pushed Taehyung's body slightly to the side until his eyes found Jimin, "How are you doing?! Do we need to stop?!?"

 Jimin lifted a hand from his head and showed a sideways thumb to Jungkook, signaling that he was alright to go on for the moment. Jungkook nodded and bit down on his lips. Taehyung still wasn't awake in front of him and Jimin was suffering from a head attack. This was just great. 

For once, Jungkook felt as if he was the strongest prince. 

The next 30 minutes passed by slowly, wearing down on Jungkook's patience. Every few minutes, he would peek around Taehyung's body to check on Jimin in front of him. Each time, the silver-haired male was clutching at his head with his blood-covered hands. Jungkook bit his lips even harder, hoping with every bone in his body that Jimin would be okay. 

As their horses trotted through the front gates of the Oak Castle, Jungkook's staff immediately ran up to the three princes. A team of medics took one look at Taehyung and rushed to get his unmoving body off of the horse he was slumped on. Jungkook was relieved when Taehyung was placed onto a wooden stretcher and carried off into the castle. Taehyung's face looked peaceful at least, but the wounds covering him were despairing. They made Jungkook's insides turn with sadness and anger. 

Jimin was still riding hard for the stables ahead of him, probably wanting to get off of his horse as soon as he could. The bumping on the ride home couldn't have been good for the Stone Prince's head. 

"Jimin!" Jungkook called out, speeding up so that he could be there when the Stone Prince dismounted. 

The gray-haired male didn't glance up however. His horse slowed to a trot and finally stopped at the entrance of the stables. Jimin's leg swung over his horse and inched backward to find the grass underneath him. 

With an exhale, Jimin's foot found the ground and his other foot came out of the stirrup. Warm breath hissed out from under his teeth as a dizzying wave of pain hit him. Jungkook could tell Jimin was out of it and rushed forward to catch Jimin when his eyes shut closed.