Chapter 2

Alyse approached her father who was now talking to a woman, who wasn't there when Alyse had run off to go play on the playground before. Alyse looked at the strange woman who was dressed up in confusion before calling out to her father gaining his attention. "Daddy?"

Cornelius turned to his daughter as she approached him unaware that Olivia was looking at his daughter in awe at her natural beauty. Cornelius then turned to Olivia to introduce her to his daughter. "Olivia, this is my daughter Alyse."

"Darling she's beautiful," Olivia said before looking up and noticing Roman was making his way over, before he stopped standing next to his mother while staring at Alyse. "Cornelius darling, this is my son Roman. Roman, this is Cornelius and his daughter Alyse Stormnight."

"I met Alyse on the playground already mother," Roman stated.

"He chased away my first friend," Alyse said while looking at her father slightly upset.

Olivia looked from her son to Cornelius with a knowing look. Olivia understood completely why her son felt the possessive need to chase other boys away from Alyse, though she couldn't come right out and say it out loud in front of the kids, because neither child knew what they truly were. Both parents wanted to keep it that way until they both felt that their children were ready to learn the truth about themselves and one another.

Cornelius shook his head at Olivia giving her a warning look to keep her mouth shut. "I think it's best that I get my little princess home now. Her mother must be wondering where we are, seeing as we've been here almost all morning and most of the afternoon to give her mom some mommy time. It was good running into you again Olivia. Maybe we shall get the families together and have a lovely visit together some time.

"I would really love that. I'll figure out all the dates and details. Once I do I'll be sure to give you a call to inform you," Olivia called to Cornelius as he was walking away. Olivia then turned to her son, with a smile on her face, before it suddenly drop remembering she had to go home to her miserable husband. "Looks like we have to get back home to daddy. Not that I'm looking forward to it." Both Olivia and Roman began making their way back home. Once they had arrived Olivia noticed that JR was nowhere in sight. Thank god he's not around. No doubt he's in his study working on some sort of deal to gain more for the institute, Olivia thought to herself as Roman made his way to his room so he could play, until it was time for him to be summoned back down for dinner.

Later on that night, Olivia, JR and Roman were all sat together around the dinning room table eating quietly. The silence became too much on the young boy that both parents had noticed the uneasiness in his eyes. Just as Olivia was about to speak, JR managed to beat her to it.

"Did you have a good time at the park with your mother today, Roman," JR asked his son.

"I did daddy. I even made a new friend there. Her name is Alyse Stormnight. She was there with her daddy," Roman replied with excitement in his tone.

JR glared at Olivia with rage boiling within his blood. "Olivia, mind telling me why our son was playing with the daughter of one of the institutes potential business partners? Do you know what partnering up with the Stormnights would mean for the Godfrey Institute? It would have us set for life! We could come up with even more advanced things to help us with the projects that we are working on right now. Not to mention it would give us more funding to further Dr. Johann Pryce's experiments and research in medical advances as well. If you're looking to sleep with Cornelius Stormnight, I would highly appreciate it if you kept your damn legs shut. I don't need you and your unfaithful acts ruining this partnership for me or the institute. Besides, Cornelius Stormnight is a happily married man. He's highly in love with his wife and has no intentions of leaving her and destroying his family for a whore like you. And lets not forget the important detail that our son has shared, Cornelius Stormnight has a child that he shares with his wife. Don't go and screw their marriage up; or blow this business deal for me. Many companies long to have Cornelius Stormnight as their business partner. I won't lose him to another company."