Chapter 28

Roman pulled out cigars offering them to Peter and Alyse. Alyse shook her head while pushing the cigars in Peter's direction, who took one with a smile on his face. Roman then placed the cigars in his coat pocket before lighting them up, causing Alyse to scrunch up her nose at the smell of them.

"Must the both of you be obnoxious assholes and smoke those disgusting things in the waiting room? We're not here to casually smoke cigars. We're here waiting to hear how Letha and her baby are doing," Alyse scolded both boys.

Roman rolled his eyes. "We are simply celebrating the fact that Letha is becoming a mother. Why don't you let loose a little and join us?"

"Because I have respect for the patients and doctors in the building. But if the both of you jerks want to smoke, I'm going to leave you here to do so. I don't want people thinking I'm as bad as the both of you," Alyse said.

"Well then if you are heading home, why don't you be a dear and get yourself ready for the wedding. I believe we can still pull it off," Roman said with a smirk on his face, causing Alyse to stop in her tracks turning back to glare at him.

"You agreed that we would hold off the wedding, if Letha were to have the baby before we were due to be married," Alyse argued.

"I simply changed my mind. Wedding is still going to take place today," Roman replied.

Alyse shook her head in disbelief at Roman. "You are truly unbelievable. I guess I have no choice, but to do what you want me to do. I'll see you at our wedding from hell." Alyse then turned around walking away from Peter and Roman, not giving them a second thought as she left.

"She's really pissed off at you. Do you think we should go and chase after her, to try and calm her down," Peter asked while looking at Roman.

"Leave her be. She will get over her little hissy fit. She will learn to deal with the things that I do," Roman said not paying any mind to Alyse and her little outburst.

Alyse was making her way out of the white tower, when she had accidentally bumped into Dr. Pryce. "Dr. Pryce, how are Letha and the baby?"

"Dr. Johann Pryce looked down for a moment before looking back up at Alyse replying. "Well, Letha gave birth to a baby girl. Unfortunately both Letha and her daughter didn't make it."

"This can't be happening," Alyse said shocked at the news she just heard.

"If you don't believe me, you can go and take a look for yourself, while I go and tell Roman the sad news," Dr. Pryce said before walking away.

Alyse shook her head fighting back the tears at the thought of her good friend being dead. No. Letha and her baby can't be dead. How could this have happened? I mean she was one of the nicest people. Granted she did sleep with Peter while he and I were dating, but I still managed to find a way to forgive her for that. Oh my god...I wonder how Letha's parents Norman and Mary are going to handle the news when they hear it. I know this stress isn't good for Mary or her baby. Oh my god...I can use this to my advantage. I have to leave before Pryce tells Roman and Peter the news. I know both will be upset. But after Roman gets a chance to say his final goodbyes to Letha, he will demand that we marry the moment we set foot through the door of the mansion. I'm sorry to use your death to my own advantage Letha, but I can't stay here and wait for Roman to hear the news. I must take this opportunity to leave, while nobody has a watchful eye on me. I must escape while I still can, Alyse thought to herself as she ran out of the white tower in hopes of making it out of Hemlock Grove before Roman or Olivia Godfrey realized that Alyse was making another run for it again.