Chapter 18

Peter made it home walking into his house, dropping his school bag down as he walked to the kitchen, where he spotted Lynda standing.

"Peter, honey how was school," Lynda asked.

"I have people believing rumors from this crazy girl, saying I killed this one girl named Brooke Bluebell," Peter began before Lynda cut him off.

"Which happened before we got here," Lynda said.

"I also saw Alyse at school today. But I couldn't get her alone, because the Roman Godfrey guy was always hanging around. He doesn't like other guys hanging around her at all. He's like an overly possessive boyfriend or something," Peter said.

Lynda frowned at hearing that. "So you didn't get a chance to talk to Alyse alone at all?"

"I did for like ten minutes before Roman showed up. Anyway she's agreed to come help me with tonight," Peter replied.

"Great! I can't wait to see her. A day has been too long without her around to talk with, or in your case smother her and cuddle with her on the couch," Lynda replied.

"That's the thing Lynda. She's not coming a-" Peter began before he was cut off my a knock on the door.

"I thought Alyse would remember that she's always welcome here; and that she doesn't need to knock on the door," Lynda said giving Peter a confused look as he walked over to the door, opening it. Roman walked through the door first, pulling Alyse in behind him.

"Roman this is my mom Lynda Rumancek. Lynda this is Roman Godfrey," Peter introduced.

"Hello. Lovely place you got here," Roman said.

"Hi Lynda," Alyse said.

"Hello Alyse. Nice you meet you too Roman," Lynda said before turning to her son. "Peter what is he doing here? I thought it was just going to be Alyse."

"I had no choice but to invite Roman over as well. If I didn't then he wouldn't have allowed Alyse to come over," Peter said while getting nervous.

"Would you guys like some milk," Lynda asked while bringing glasses filled with milk.

"No thanks mom," Peter said.

"I forgot it does weird things to your sensitive tummy during the change," Lynda said before pouring some for Roman. Lynda was about to pour some for Alyse, but Alyse declined before she could.

"I'm sorry Lynda, but I don't think it would be wise for me to have some milk right now. I'm a bit on edge myself," Alyse explained.

Lynda gave Alyse a confused look. "Is everything alright, dear?"

Before Alyse could reply, Roman spoke up for her. "She's a bit nervous about the cup coming wedding ceremony this year. Right after I turn 18, we become husband and wife, as well as the proud new owners and boss of Godfrey institute. I'll be sure that they have only the best when you go there to give birth to our children."

"Roman we agreed we would hold off on children, seeing as we lost the other one that I was carrying," Alyse said. "Besides when the time comes, when I do become a mother, I won't be going to the Godfrey institute to bring my child into this world. I'll go to a regular hospital."

"I forbid that from happening. Our child will be born in the very institute that it will inherit when the time comes," Roman said kindly though his eyes shown his true emotions.

"Is this true? You are going to marry Roman; especially after what I had just witnessed here and now," Lynda asked.

Alyse let out a sigh. "There are no loopholes. Olivia and my father made everything air tight in the contract. I can't back out of this wedding, no matter how miserable I'll be. I have no say in the situation. Oh and while I was looking over the contract along with Peter, I found out that divorcing Roman is not possible either. I'm to remain a Godfrey until death do us part. Though killing him doesn't sound too damn bad half the time."