Chapter 19

In the early hours of the morning Lynda woke up and spotted the hold that Roman had on Alyse as they slept. Oh that poor girl. There is no way that she will ever escape from that boy, Lynda thought to herself as Peter entered the house with a blanket wrapped around his lower half. His eyes landed on Roman and Alyse as they slept on the couch together. Turning his attention to his mother he questioned her. "He didn't force her to do anything that she didn't want to do, did he?"

"No. But I fear the way he acts around her and holds her. I plan on calling Destiny and see if she knows, why Roman acts like this around Alyse," Lynda said.

"Wait, while I was out I smelled more than the vargulf. I smelled Alyse's parents. They aren't truly dead, well yet. I found them. But they are being kept in a place, where nobody would find them. The woman kept telling Alyse's father that he and his wife have to remain in hiding until Alyse officially becomes a Godfrey. They were forced to fake their death, because Alyse's parents wouldn't force her into marrying Roman. They would've called the whole thing off, if they had learned that she had fallen in love with someone else," Peter whispered to Lynda.

"I'm definitely going to have to talk to Destiny about this," Lynda said as Roman and Alyse woke up while Peter walked into his room to get clothes on.

"Morning you two. Would either of you like some breakfast," Lynda offered as Peter came back out.

Alyse watched as Peter flopped in the chair, before breaking free from Roman's grip running and jumping in Peter's lap. "Peter! Oh god Peter! I was so worried about you. Are you alright?"

Peter smiled. "I'm fine. No damage done. You didn't sit up all night waiting by the window again, did you? We already had this talk before."

"I would have, but Roman didn't allow me to. Oh god Peter I wish I could have gone out there with you," Alyse said before Peter pulled her into a passionate kiss, not caring that Roman was sitting there watching as the whole scene unfolded before his eyes.

Roman growled before getting up and pulling Alyse away from Peter. "We have to go home and get changed. We will be pack to pick you up later Peter." Roman got no reply seeing as Peter had fallen asleep with a smile on his face.

"Poor thing. The change takes a lot out of him. Oh Roman, remember to keep this all a secret," Lynda said.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. It's not like I have anybody to tell your secret to anyway. Besides the only person that I could tell your secret to, already knows it, seeing as she's seen this happen before," Roman said before pulling Alyse out the door and up the stairs all the way to his car. As soon as Lynda heard the car pull away, she dialed Destiny's number, hoping that she would be up.

"Hey," Destiny answered groggily.

"Hey Destiny, it' Lynda. I have something that I need to ask you," Lynda said.

"What's up Lynda," Destiny asked.

"Have you heard of Roman Godfrey before," Lynda asked.

Destiny let out a scoff. "Of course I've heard of Roman Godfrey. The Godfrey's are the ones that practically own everything here in Hemlock Grove. Not to mention that Roman Godfrey is off the market according to the news article I'm looking at right now. Apparently Roman Godfrey's missing bride has returned to Hemlock Grove. The exclusive invite only wedding is back on."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. He's extremely possessive of the girl. He won't let her leave his sight. Do you have any idea what he may be," Lynda asked.