Chapter 27

Roman made his way over to the church Peter told him to go to after dropping Alyse off at Letha's house. I'd rather she be with Letha, knowing she will be safe from the vargulf than being placed in harms way. I just can't get over Peter asking that I bring Alyse to the church with me, knowing that we will be going up against the vargulf, Roman thought to himself as he pulled up outside of the church. Roman was about to get out of the car, when he noticed something in the back of his car. Turning he spotted that it was an axe laid across the back.

"Olivia must have gifted me with this, thinking it will change the way things are between us. Thanks for the giant axe, but it's not going to change how I feel about you, or what I think about you Olivia," Roman quietly said while grabbing a hold of the axe, bringing it in the church with him. The moment that Roman entered the church, he was greeted by Peter.

"About time you showed up," Peter said before noticing Roman carrying the axe, and the missing presence of Alyse. "What's up with the axe? And where is Alyse?"

"The axe my mother gifted me by leaving in my car, thinking she could get back into my good graces. As for Alyse, I dropped her off at Letha's house. I thought it would be best that Alyse didn't take part in the hunt for the vargulf. Besides it's only a matter of time before she becomes my wife anyway. So she's going to need all of the rest she can get now, because after we become husband and wife; she will be quite busy getting a start on our family. This time I will be there to help her through the pregnancy, unlike the last time she ran away. She won't be losing this child like she did with the last one," Roman said before hearing a slight gasp from behind him, causing both Peter and him to turn around to spot Christina standing there.

"So you and Alyse are seriously going through with the marriage. I knew that was going to happen. But what I did not know is that she was pregnant with your child. When did it happen." Christina asked.

"Christina, what are you doing here? Don't you realize there is a dangerous vargulf running around in Hemlock Grove? It's already killed Brooke Bluebell, Lisa Willoby, and the sworn twins. You could be the next person to die by this creature if you don't return back home for safety," Peter snapped at Christina.

"How can that be remotely possible? The vargulf isn't going to do any damage fellas. But there is one thing that I'm certain of. And the fact is, I'm the one you're looking for," Christina explained before noticing the confused looks on Roman and Peter's face. "It means I drank from your paw, Peter."

Roman gave a confused look at Peter. "What the hell is she talking about?"

"It means that she's truly the vargulf, because she's been going against the full moon, changing into a wolf against it. She's the one that is responsible for all the deaths that have occurred," Peter explained.

"It's not going to stop there either. Once I'm done with killing the both of you, I can go and kill Letha, her unborn child and Alyse Stormnight," Christina said taking a dangerous step towards Peter and Roman, causing the both of them to take a step back in return.

"Christina, listen to me. You don't have to go and do such a thing. I can help you get through this transformation. You don't have to kill, Alyse, Letha, her baby, Roman or myself. We can make it so you are no longer the way you are," Peter said.

"Thing is though, I have to go through with this. All my life I've always had to hear about the Godfrey's and all the good they have done for us; or the changes in medicine that they contributed to. Then things only got worse, when Roman and Alyse's engagement made the front of the newspapers. My mom wouldn't stop talking about that. She was hoping that she had a chance of seeing something up close and personal from their wedding, that would help put our small town of Hemlock Grove on the map. I just once wanted a life, where I didn't have to hear something about what my mother wondered, what the brides maids dresses looked like and all that stuff having to do with the Godfrey wedding. But it wasn't just my mother obsessing over it. My father wouldn't stop talking about it either. My father also talked about wanting to meet your mother and see if they could attend your wedding," Christina explained with a disgusted look on her face while glaring at Roman and Peter. "I've had to endure hours of hearing about that. But that is all about to change. With the death of Alyse, you won't have a bride for the wedding. Then I can go and put an end to all of this stupid madness!" Christina transformed into a pure white wolf, lunging for Roman, forcing Peter to transform into his all black wolf lunging for her and knocking her away from Roman, while growling at her.

Peter and Christina kept attacking each other viciously. Christina made several attempts to get around Peter so she could go and kill Roman, only to have Peter knock her back and try to bite her and pin her down. Both Christina and Peter kept going for each other's neck in the process trying to pin the other down and gain dominance of the situation at hand. Roman tried getting close enough to help Peter, but every time he did, he earned a few more cuts and bruises. As Roman went to make another attempt to approach Peter, Christina got a hold of him throwing him across the church. Roman stood by watching as Peter lay on the floor in pain, not realizing that Christina had set her sights on him, with the intention to kill him. Roman then looked over to the axe that was dropped when the fight started, before rushing over to grab a hold of it, as Christina rushed him. Roman swung the axe as Christina went to take a bite out of him, stopping her from doing so. Roman then threw Christina away, long enough so he could pick the axe up and get ready to swing it, as Christina got up from the ground and lunged for Roman again, only to have Roman kill her with a single swing of the axe.

After Roman had succeeded in killing Christina, Peter transformed back into a human, while Roman walked over to Peter's book bag, grabbing a change of clothes before making his way back over to Peter, handing them to him. Roman offered Peter a smile, which Peter slowly returned at Roman spoke. "It's over. Hemlock Grove is safe from the vargulf. But most importantly, Letha and Alyse are no longer in grave danger either."

"You do realize just because the vargulf is gone, doesn't mean that Hemlock Grove is truly safe. There are many other dangers that lurk around Hemlock Grove that could bring harm to Letha and Alyse," Peter stated while getting dressed.

"Nothing will harm them. Letha is a Godfrey. And Alyse is going to become a Godfrey soon enough," Roman replied.

"Why are you forcing Alyse into a marriage that she doesn't want? Why can't you let her go and fall in love with a guy and allow her to marry him," Peter asked getting annoyed with Roman.

"Because Alyse is mine. She has always been mine, since the very first time I saw her at the park. No other man is good enough to be with her," Roman stated while getting annoyed with Peter.

Peter rolled his eyes at Roman's possessive behavior. "The way you are acting is ridiculous. You're acting like Alyse is your captive or something...your possession of some sort. News flash Roman. Alyse is a living breathing human being. You don't hold any control over her or her actions."

Before Roman had a chance to reply, his phone started to ring. Roman pulled his phone out of his pocket, looking at the caller ID, seeing that it was Alyse calling him. "Alyse, is everything alright? Are you and Letha hurt?"

"We're fine Roman. Well I am. Letha is as fine as a pregnant woman can be, while in labor," Alyse replied.

"What the hell do you mean by that," Roman snapped.

"Snap at me like that again, and I'll rip your damn dick off and feed it to wild animals," Alyse snapped back.

"Watch the tone you take with me. Unless you want your punishment to be worse, when we get home. Now be a gem and explain yourself to me," Roman said.

"Letha is in labor. Meaning the baby is coming now. We're on our way to the white towers right now," Alyse explained.

"Peter and I will meet you and Letha at the white tower," Roman said before hanging up, turning to find Peter staring at him. "The girls are on their way to the white tower right now. Letha went into labor."

"What the hell are we waiting for? We have to get to the white tower, so that way Letha and Alyse aren't alone," Peter said.

"Right," Roman said before he and Peter made their way to the white tow. Soon they arrived at the white tower, rushing inside spotting Alyse sitting in the waiting room, as Letha delivered her baby. "How is she?"

"I don't know. They won't let me in the delivery room with her. So I've been out here waiting to hear anything back from the doctor. Don't worry though I haven't been alone in the waiting room for long," Alyse explained while Roman and Peter sat down next to her; waiting to hear anything about Letha and her baby.