Chapter 9

"I had to leave, because was caused a lot of pain by a certain rich boy who thought he owns everyone and everything in the town of Hemlock Grove. The very boy that you witnessed chasing the other boy away from me on the playground all those years ago. He was the one responsible for hurting me in the worst way possible. He...he...he forced me to give him something very valuable," Alyse explained fighting back the tears.

Peter pulled the girl into a tight and comforting hug in attempt to help her forget all about what she had gone through before she left Hemlock Grove. "I'm so sorry for bringing up a painful moment in your life. If I had known that it was that bad, I wouldn't have brought it up."

"It's fine. It helps that I get it out in the open rather than let it eat me from the inside out. Thank you for the hug Peter. I hope you and I can become close friends," Alyse said while pulling away.

Peter gave a sheepish smile before replying. "I was thinking maybe we could become more than friends over time."

"You want to be something more with someone who is broken," Alyse asked in a shocked tone.

Peter smiled. "You're not broken. You just need someone to lead you back to the path that you were lead off of. In all good time, I hope I can be the person to lead you back to that path."

"I truly appreciate that. But I was arranged to marry the boy who destroyed me," Alyse said.

"This isn't the 1500s. The way I see it, you're a free woman to do what you want when you want to," Peter replied.

"Thank you. But I'm also a woman who has no shelter and does not know where the best place to crash is; or where they have any apartments for rent around here," Alyse said.

"Well I know we just met and all, but allow me to give you a place to stay. After what you shared with me, I don't think it would be best to leave you to wander the streets on your own. Besides my mother wouldn't mind if you stayed with us. She's always wanting me to make a few friends around here. Though I haven't made many friends as long as we've begun living here," Peter explained while walking Alyse to a station wagon. Peter and Alyse got into the station wagon before making their way back to the house where Peter was staying with his mother. Shortly after Peter pulled up to a small home, a woman came running out towards Peter and Alyse.

"There you are. You had me thinking you ran into trouble with the locals around here," Lynda said in a chastising tone.

Peter cleared his throat and pointed to Alyse. "Actually I was making a new friends. She just arrived and has nowhere to go. Can she stay here with us?"

Lynda looked Alyse over recognizing her as the small child that her son wanted to play with at the playground when they were younger, before she finally snapped out of her day dream and spoke up. "You do look mighty familiar. Though I can tell you now, this girl is no gypsy. Well I'll be...I now know where I remember you from. I saw a picture of you as a little girl. Your father was showing everyone who gathered to pay their respects to Nicolae at the time. And I can't forget the time that my Peter saw you on the playground and wanted to play with you, but we couldn't because we had to keep moving to avoid trouble. But your dad didn't want you out in public much due to certain events and people. My god you've grown into quite the young woman. You know as a boy my Peter was smitten with you. And that was only from looking at a picture of you. I bet tonight my Peter will be having himself a wet dream, seeing as his childhood crush is standing here in front of him; and he now has a chance to impress you in more than one way."

"Wrong choice of words Lynda. She already went through something traumatic as it is," Peter said.

"I'm so sorry dear. I didn't mean to bring up painful memories," Lynda began to say.

"It's fine. I can't allow my past to get me down every time it's brought up. Besides, this is a fresh start for me. I would love to start something special with Peter. That is only if he wants to do so," Alyse replied while looking at Peter.

"You already know that's what I want," Peter said.

Roman was driving over to Alyse's house to see if she wanted to spend time with him before they had to go back to his house and deal with Olivia. While he was driving, Roman's phone started to ring. "Hello."

"Darling I fear there is something wrong. Cornelius knows that you slept with his daughter. He sounded furious. You know when Cornelius gets furious he does things without thinking them through. I think it would be best that you rush over and pick the girl up and bring her back to the house now; that way Cornelius can't do anything stupid to ruin this arrangement we have going darling. I won't have him ruin this for you. We have waited too long for this arrangement to take place," Olivia ranted.

"I'm heading over to Alyse's right now," Roman said speeding into Alyse's driveway, where he found Alyse's mother Shayna. Roman was quick to shut the car off and climb out, before making his way over to where Shayna was standing. "Mrs. Stormnight. Is Alyse home? I'm here to pick her up to bring her back to my house for the next couple of days."

"I'm sorry Roman. Alyse left already. I didn't bother to ask her where she was going or when she will be back. Though something tells me that she will be gone for quite a while, due to the fact that she had her bags packed and loaded in her car," Shayna replied.

"Thank you," Roman said before climbing into his car and driving off. As he was making his way back to his home, he called the last person he wanted to hear from again. "Olivia get someone to look for Alyse. According to Shayna, she left her house already. She never said where she was going. Find someone who will track my girl down and bring her back to Hemlock Grove. I need my girl by my side before I do something that I will regret," Roman said before hanging up on his mother before she had a chance to reply to him. When I get you back, you're never going to leave my side again, Alyse. I'll personally see to it that you don't leave my side ever, Roman thought to himself.