Replaced Pt1

I know this is overdone but this is my take on the Replaced! Peter stories bc again, I love them. Also, Peter is 16 and Tony and Pepper adopted him when he was ten(he was an actual orphan and May is is godmother). Pepper is away on a business trip in Ecuador(yay Ecuadorian pride). Now that that's outa the way, TO THE STORY!

I walk home today, Happy didn't come pick me up which is fine except for the fact that it's the middle of December and it was snowing so heavily that I could barely see two feet ahead of me. Luckily I had my thick jacket and scarf, but I didn't have any gloves or a hat so my hands were turning a little blue from the cold and my hood was up but the snow kept flying in. It was negative eleven degrees outside(Fahrenheit, that is -23 degrees for people not in America...I think...)

It took me an hour longer than usual to get home but I was happy to feel the heat of the lobby once I stepped in.

"Good afternoon Peter. Would you like me to tell boss that you've arrived?" FRIDAY asked.

"Yes please." He shivered.

FRIDAY went silent and Peter walked to the elevator so he could go upstairs to his room. When he got to the living room, he saw his dad with another kid. Someone he didn't recognize.

"Um, hi dad." Peter still shivered.

"Hi. His is Lachlan. He's my new personal intern." Tony ruffled Lachlan's hair and pulled him into a hug.

Peter was confused, he was Tony Stark's son but he was also his dad's personal intern. He always told him, I only trust close friends and family to keep me safe. Lachlan was a stranger. How did his dad trust him so much already.

"Oh cool... nice to meet you Lachlan,"

Lachlan rolled his eyes, scoffed, and went back to watching TV. Tony smoked at Lachlan in a way he never looked at Peter. It was kinder, more gentle, a more... father-son like way. It kinda hurt Peter to see his dad look at this stranger like his own son and to look at his own son as he were the stranger.

"By the way, Lachlan came here from Washington so he doesn't have a place to stay. I cleaned out your room so Lachlan can move in. You still have that room in May's apartment, right? You can go live there for a while." Tony got comfortable on the sofa and pulled Lachlan closer to him.

He could've sworn he heard Lachlan whisper, "I love you dad." But what was even worse was that he clearly heard his dad respond with, "I love you too Bambi."

That was Peters nickname. Now it was Lachlan's.

"How do I get to May's?" He at lest hoped that if he were getting kicked out, that he'd at least get some ride.

"The walk isn't too much. Its literally a twenty minute walk, you'll be fine." Tony brushed him off.

Peters jaw went slack and he immediately turned to the window. It was white with streaks of gray. The snow had gotten heavier.

"You want me to walk to May's? Have you seen outside?!"

Tony looked at the window and laughed, "really Peter. It's just some snow. Stop being a baby and go. Lachlan told me that he doesn't feel safe with you here so go."

Peters eyes welled with tears but he wiped them away and he put his good back up and tightened his scarf. He walked to the elevator and walked until he got to the lobby before he opened the door as walked out into the blizzard.

It took an hour and a half to get to May's but when he did, what he saw horrified him. Cops were there and her apartment was closed off with caution tape.

He rushed to the door only to be pulled away by the cops.

"Why are you here kid? Go home."

"She's my aunt. I'm staying with her. What happened?" He pleaded.

"An hour ago, your aunt suffered an aneurism and we need to take her to the hospital. Her neighbors called and we were told to come down here and wait to see that the paramedics say.

Peter waited until the paramedics came out with a somber expression on his face. "You're the nephew?"

Peter nodded.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. Is there anyone else you can live with?"

"Not at the moment..." he thought of home, "no where."

The cop took a deep breath and entered the conversation, "come down to the station with us. I'm sure there's a nice foster home or orphanage we can put you in."

Peter cringed. He wasn't an orphan anymore. Maybe he was? When he was first adopted by the Stark's, he was scared of being alone. It took years but he finally managed to trust them enough to let down his walls. His mom was on another business trip so he didn't blame her but his dad... his dad took advantage of his weakened state and shoved the poor boy again. He felt like the three year old boy again who was told that his parents didn't want him anymore and that he was going to be living in a nice place. How they were wrong. The system tore him apart. He was used and abused in his seven years in the system. He wasn't going back there.

"My uncle lives in New Jersey. I have some cash and a metro card so I can just call him and let him know I'm coming."

"Are you sure kid?"

"Yeah. I'll just make my way to the train. Have a good day."

No one noticed the weakness in his voice as he turned away and walked out of the building and into the cold, white streets of New York City.

He thought about calling dad. Maybe heading back to the tower and maybe he'd be fine again. He walked back to the tower and by the time he got there, it was dark.

As soon as he walked in, FRIDAY went off.

"Intruder alert. Unknown person has entered the premise. Leave before the Avengers come." FRIDAY's usual warm voice was cold to him.

He stood there in shock. Less than one day. The life he spent years making was ripped away.

Suddenly, all the Avengers(including Tony) and Lachlan came downstairs.

"Who's there?" Bruce snarled.

"Peter? Did you see an intruder?" Steve asked.

Peter closed his eyes and lowered his head in a defeated manner. He didn't move an inch. Natasha and Bucky walked forwards but Tony pulled them back.

"He is the intruder. Lachlan told me that he makes him feel uncomfortable. He also goes to Midtown and he told me how much of a bully Peter is to his best friend Flash."

Peters head perked up in shock.

"Don't even give me that look. The only reason we ever took you in was for charity. I figured that we could somehow make you a decent human being but you really are as weak and pathetic as the orphanage said you were. Leave before we call SHIELD to remove you." Tony slapped Peter's face.

The rest of the Avengers watched in horror. Peter wooed away his fallen tears and nodded. "Ok... I'll leave." He whispered.

They all wanted to run after him but Tony kept them there. They didn't stay quiet though.

"Peter?! Come back!" Steve screamed.
"Don't listen to your dad. He's lying!" Natasha yelled.
"We love you!" Bruce called out.
"You're like my brother!" Wanda's powered glowed.
"You're the one I trust the most besides Steve." Bucky smiled.
"We know about Flash. You aren't that kinda person!"Sam screamed.
"After all you've done. We love you." Vision yelled
"I love you like my own!" Rhodey called.
"My family and I adore you!" Clint pleaded.
"If you are worthy enough to wield Mjolrin, then I have no doubt that you are a great human." Thor smiled.

Peter didn't listen. He asked out the door and disappeared into the white blizzard.