Prodigy Child

Peter is 17, Morgan is 2, Harley is 23 and is away for college. Harley and Peter have always been really close and they talk on the phone everyday but recently, Peter stopped calling and texting Harley. The world knows about the three Stark kids and Peter does indeed go to Midtown. Now that that's outa the way, gets get started.

"Yo Pete. Answer the goddam phone. I haven't heard from you in a month and I'm getting worried. Are you ok?"

Peter listened to the voicemail that his older brother, Harley sent him today. Once the voicemail was over, he pressed delete and added another one of his voicemails to the trash.

Ever since Harley left, Tony was adding more and more pressure on to Peter. Since Harley publicly said that he didn't want to run Stark Industries and Peter's dream had always been to run the company, he was the new heir. Thing is, once Peter turned fifteen, he learned that maybe... just maybe... this wasn't what he wanted.

"Mr.Peter. Mr.Stark has booked you for a conference at four pm to discuss how the company works as heir." FRIDAY's voice spoke through the walls.

"Ok FRI, thank you." Peter muttered as he crumbled up his APUSH homework and threw it at his bed.

"I can't do this." He all but yelled as he tugged at his brown locks with tears glimmering in his eyes. "I just can't."

Peter stood up from his desk and began to pace around his room.

How am I meant to run the company? I can't do this? But I have to. Mom and dad trusted me with being heir. Harley is counting on me to be the heir. I'm the golden child. The prodigy. I have to do this.

"Mr.Peter. Your mother is wondering where you are. The conference is in five minutes."

"What?! No." Peter breathed. "No. The conference isn't until four. It's only nine."

"It's three fifty five. Please hurry and get ready. Your parents are expecting you."

"Shit!" Peter hissed as hell rushed to his closet and grabbed a button up and some slacks.

"Fuck fuck fuck." He cursed as he ran down the hall while fixing his hair and putting on his shoes.

"I'm so sorry." Peter apologizes to his mom as he runs into the conference room.

It was 4:02.

"You were two minutes late. What were you doing?" She scolded him quietly.
"I lost track of time. I'm sorry." He apologized again to his mom.
"Try not to be late again."

Pepper turns to face the group of men and women sitting at the table who were double or triple Peter's own age.

"Now that my son is here. We can begin the meeting."

Harley's POV

I haven't talked to Peter in over a month. He hasn't responded to any of my texts. Answered any of my calls. I've tried to call mom and dad and they just say that he's either out, busy, or doing company stuff.

To be honest. I'm getting worried about him. Maybe he's upset at me? I can't even know since he won't talk to me.

"Harley? You ok?" My roommate, Justin asks me.

"Yeah. It's just my brother."

"Oh Peter! How is he?" He asks.

"He won't talk to me. He used to tell me everything. Now he won't even answer my texts. I'm getting worried.

"I'm sure he's fine but if you're really that worried, go home and see what's wrong. I'll make sure you catch up on anything you missed. Just take care of your brother."