6 。

Y/N's POV

"So umm... what's your plan?"

"Plan?"

"Plan to make me fall in love with you."

"Ah! You mean my list."

"List?"

He takes out a ball of crumpled paper. He unfolds it and shows it to me. The letters were written in pencil and there were some eraser dust.

Things to make Y/n smile

1. Take her to Cafe X [_]

2. Study with her for the upcoming test [_]

3. Spend a whole day celebrating after the tests [_]

4. Go to the night festival with her [_]

5.

"What's number 5?"

"Eliminate Dongpyo-"

"What?!"

"I'm just kidding. I still haven't figured it out yet."

He gives me a cheeky smile. He folded the piece of paper this time and put it in his pocket. I stare at him. The amount of effort he puts in in order to make me fall in love with him made my heart flutter but...

I don't want him to waste his efforts on me.

"Hey, Hyeongjun-"

"Before you ask any questions or reject me any further..."

He makes eye contact.

"I want you to allow me to go through everything in this list. Afterwards, you decide if you want to date me or not."

Was he serious? Was he lying? I wanted to know everything. Like what's behind all this? Does he have an ulterior motive? What does he even like about me? Couldn't it all be just lies?

He could be like him, Y/n. For goodness sake-

"Hyeongjun... I really appreciate this. Thanks for saying you won't hurt me. Thanks for the list."

"Is no problem-"

"But I don't think I can go out with you. It's not you. REALLY. It's me. I still can't... I just can't get hurt again-"

"Y/n. I told you. I won't hurt you."

"That's what he said and yet..."

Everything turned out to be lies.

He sighs. I wanted to tell him I'm sorry. But I knew it won't help with anything. So I walked away... I felt someone grabbing my hand.

"How about this. Give me a month-"

"I-"

"Listen to me. During this month, I'll make you fall in love with me. Afterwards, you can either reject me or accept me. Just know this Y/n... Me and whoever hurt you in the past are two different people."

He was right. Maybe Hyeonjun isn't like him. I still remember how I got hurt. Actually, I was hurting throughout the whole relationship. It was toxic. The words love turns you blind was really... appropriate.

He's so stubborn.

"Well...?"

I stayed silent.

"I see... then I'll-"

"When are you free to go to Cafe X?"

"What?"

"I'm giving you a whole month. But afterwards, you need to stop wasting your efforts on me like you are now."

"I'm not wasting any efforts. I'm just doing this cause of one simple reason."

"That you like me? But we just met like two weeks ago or so... I'll give you this one month.  Hyeongjun... I know you deserve someone better."

He pulls me and we walked out of school.

"Why're you being all dramatic?"

He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

Smooth.

"I don't need anyone better."

I wondered if he was lying...

"I just need you."

Author's Note:

I cried during episode 8 like wow. I am: happy that Hyeongjun is 4th. Now, I am: celebrating 1k reads! Thanks guys!💕🤧💞