Chapter 1

Authors note

This is my first book and is unedited and a first draft so please don't judge too much.
~Sadie

~~~

      I've been laying in bed for the past hour. I just have this feeling like something bad is going to happen. Today is my 19th birthday you'd think I would be happy. I'm not really big on my birthday, part of that could be that my mom died the day after my birthday. Liza was supposed to come over today for my birthday but she had to go visit her grandma in the nursing home. It's okay though I understand her grandma hasn't been doing very well. I hope she is doing better. Well I guess I better get up.

I went to take a shower and brush my teeth. When I was done I went to pick out my clothes for today (outfit at the top of the page). I put on some mascara and chapstick and I was done. Winter should be home she's always trying some kind of new recipe in the kitchen. Winter is great she has taken care of me since my mother died. She was one of her friends. I don't know much about my mother she died when I was 4 I don't remember her though. All I have is a picture winter gave me in a locket when I turned 7. Winter is great but she's not really like a mom she's more like that fun aunt you spend the summer with.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen expecting to find winter there like always. But she wasn't I was about to call out for her when I noticed a note on the fridge. I picked it up.

Dear, Gidget
I'm so sorry for leaving and not telling you. Just know that I had to leave for my own safety and yours. I know none of this will make sense right now but tonight at midnight everything will change. There is a car waiting outside it will take you somewhere safe I promise. I can't protect you anymore but they can. I will see you again one day. Just know that I love you and please listen and be safe.

With love,
Winter

This can't be right she wouldn't just leave me like that she's all I have. I don't know who any of my family is I don't even know who my father is.  This has got be some kind of sick joke. Right? I rush upstairs grab my phone and purse and go outside to test my theory. When I walk out I notice right away a black SUV with an older man in a suit standing beside it. I walked up to him.

"Are you Gidget?" He asked.

"Yes?" It came out more like a question when I said it.

He opened the car door for me to go in.
Before I did I asked "where are you taking me?" 

"Sorry miss but I was only told to pick you up and bring you there safely." He said.

"Okay." I whispered.
Right now I don't really have anything to lose. I did something that is most likely the dumbest thing ever. I got in the car. I don't recognize anywhere we went past and after a while I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone gently shaking my shoulders. I rubbed my eyes and looked at who was disturbing my sleep. It was the driver.

"Miss we're here you need to wake up." He said kinda loud.

"Okay, okay I'm up." I said.

I got out of the car and followed the man whose name I still don't know. When I looked up my jaw dropped. This place is huge why would anyone want me here. It's more like a mansion than a house. I've never seen a place so big before. As I got to the front door, he held it open for me.

"Thank you." I said.

He nodded his head in acknowledgment and I went on in. It was beautiful on the inside just like the outside. There was a huge chandelier when you enter  and past that was a rustic looking wood staircase. The man caught my attention when he started to walk again I followed closely behind. He took me to another room on the far left. He knocked on the door when we got to it.

"What?" A deep voice said it sounded
emotionless and a little annoyed .

"Sir I have the girl you wanted me to pick up." The driver said.

"Bring her in." He said.

I walked in and almost gasped at the sight I saw. The man sitting at the desk was hot he had dark hair and beautiful blue eyes and tattoos that I could see where his white dress shirt was unbuttoned at the top and his sleeves rolled up. I stayed silent and waited for him to speak. I noticed I was staring and instantly look down at my feet. It was silent for a while I could feel him staring at me but I was too afraid to look up and meet his gaze.

Finally he spoke up and said "Jason will show you to your room, someone will come up to get you when it's dinner time. Your things will be here tomorrow. Stay in your room and don't go outside there will be bodyguards posted outside of your room. I will not answer your questions right now. Tomorrow we will talk for now go."

He said it with great authority. I stayed silent and walked out to find the driver who I now know his name is Jason. Jason walked up the stairs to the first door on the right and stopped. I walked in it was huge the room was dark with accents of red in places. There was a big queen sized bed with a black canopy at the top. There was a bay window with a bench and pillows on it. I loved it. I can't wait to read in that window.

This room is great but not great enough to be trapped in it all day. I guess I have a long time to wait. I walked to the small desk in the corner of the room and noticed a pencil and paper on it. I take them to the window and sit and draw for a while. The view is great I can see a huge flower garden with a fountain and a pond in the middle. I wish I could go outside to see it better. Maybe tomorrow I can bring that up when I talk to him again. I just hope I make it through today.

~~~

A/N

SORRY IF THE CHAPTER IS TOO SHORT I HOPE TO WORK UP TO LONGER CHAPTERS. I WROTE IT ALL JUST ON A WHIM SO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT IF NOT OH WELL I TRIED.

 I WROTE IT ALL JUST ON A WHIM SO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT IF NOT OH WELL I TRIED

1162 words