Chapter 7

Xavier's POV:

Before the kiss

I walked away from everyone to go get my sister. Damn it, I forgot to get Landon that contract he needs to sign. I walk to my office. I go and sit in my chair and go through my drawers. Found it, I noticed someone standing in my doorway. I recognize the red hair instantly.

"Bianca." I say emotionless.
"Xavier." She replies in a fake sweet voice.

She walked up to me sitting on my desk. She needs to leave before Gidget sees her.

"What do you want?" I asked.
"I just want one thing then I'll leave, promise."
"And what's that?"
"This"

I was confused until her lips met mine. I automatically kissed her back. I don't know how long the kiss lasted. I pulled away think of Gidget. I pushed her away. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with sadness. I wasn't sad so that only meant one thing. Shit, she saw. No, I ran after her but she was already gone I couldn't see her anywhere. I can't sense her. I panicked. Why can't I sense her. I ran back inside.

"Landon! Stephen!" I yelled.
"What?" They both said looking worried.
"She...she's gone, she saw but I didn't... I pushed her away."

I rambled panicking and running my hands through my hair. Stephen walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders.
"Who? Whose gone?" Stephen asked.
"Gidget." I said as I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands.
"Why? What did she see?"
"Bianca kissed me and... I ... I kissed her back." His face went from worried to angry. "But I pushed her away the second I realized what I was doing I swear." I said in a rush.
"You still shouldn't have kissed her back." Landon said.
"I know"
"She's in danger now and it's all because of a misunderstanding." Landon said.
"Yes, it's all my fault and we have to get everyone to search for her Victor can't find out."
"What if he already knows?" Stephen muttered to himself.
"We can't think like that... I can't lose her. I just got her." I said
"Okay I'll go get everyone to search all around the house and woods."

I walk from the living room to my bedroom. I start to pace the room. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let her get that close. I should have kicked her out from the beginning. I can't believe I kissed her back. If she gets hurt... or worse, no! I can't think about that. I'm barely keeping it together now.

6 hours later

Everyone was walking in the door. I walked up to them eagerly looking for her.

"Anything?" I asked.
All of them shook their heads.
"THEN KEEP LOOKING!" I roared.
They left the room in a hurry.
I walked from behind my desk to the door.
"Where is she?" I yelled, punching a hole in the door.

4 hours later

I can't sleep I just keep thinking what if he has her. What if she's dead... no! I mean I'd feel that right? I can't sense her anymore though. I can't stop thinking about her I just want her to be safe. I don't care if she never wants to see my again just as long as I know she's alive and safe. Stephen walks into my room.

"X you need to sleep." He said.
"I can't sleep while I know she out there. She thinks I cheated. She's scared and hurt and it's all my fault." A stray tear rolls down my cheek. "I think I love her."
"I know." Stephen said calmly.
"What?" I looked at him, surprised.

"I said, I know. I mean come on, you can't sleep, eat or even think straight because you think she might be in danger. You've never dated a girl for more than a week let alone lose sleep over one." He said.
"I love her and she doesn't even know it." I said.
"Get some sleep Xavier, you're no help if you can't even form a proper thought."
"Okay, I'll try." I said in defeat.

Gidget's POV:

Morning after the kiss

I woke up laying on the forest floor under a tree. I took me a second before I remembered what happened. I looked down at my tattered and torn dress. Oh well, I got up and started walking, I need to find a road or something.

I walked for what felt like hours before I finally found a road. There were no cars. I started walking on the road. Maybe I'll see a car further down or a gas station. As I kept walking I couldn't shake the fear that someone was following me. I looked behind me but no one was there. I walked into something hard. I went to see what it was but something covered my mouth and nose and everything went dark.

I woke up in a concrete cell. It was dark but I could see what was definitely blood covering the wall in front of me. I went to move but was stopped. I looked down. I was chained to the floor, the chains looked like they were made of silver. Every time I move my skin burns. I guess silver + vampire = pain. I look frantically around the room. There's no way out that I can see. I pull on the chains panicking now. I pulled so much my wrists started to bleed.

The cell door started to open. I cowered in the corner afraid of what's on the other side. A older man with brown hair and eyes walked into the room. He had a chair in his hand. He brought it in front of me and sat down starring at me.

"You look like her. Except the eyes that's all me." He said, "How did Seraphina keep you a secret? How come I couldn't sense you before?"
"I don't know. I don't even know you. How did you know my mother?"
"You mean you don't know."
I shook my head.

"Well let me explain then. You see your mother was my mate. When she was pregnant with you she left me. I guess she thought you would be safer without me. I couldn't find her anywhere after she left. It took me 4 years to find her again. Which leads me back to why didn't I know about you?" He said
"Winter." I said.

"The witch? Your mother's friend?"
"Yes."
"Ah, she made you human."
I nodded my head.
"If you're my mothers mate does that mean you're my..."
"Go on dear say it."

"Father."

"Ah, there it is. Took you long enough, really you must have your mother's brains. A little slow at best darling."
"What do you want from me?"
"Oh well that's easy. You see you're Xavier's mate. I want to take down Xavier and in order to do that I need to take down you first."
"But I'm your daughter." I pleaded.
"So." He said coldly.

~~~

A/N
I dropped a couple hints in this chapter. Let me know what you think is going to happen next. I hope you enjoyed the story so far.

~ Sadie 🖤

1207 words

1207 words