Summer

It was summer 2013 when they first met. Jin had had an overnight camping and Jungkook instantly felt attracted to Taehyung.

It was summer 2014 when they first kissed. One year later during Wonwoo’s birthday party, Taehyung kissed Jungkook on the lips. And they were both drunk so no one (except their friends) remembered.

It was summer 2015 when Jungkook confessed. Taehyung said yes and they started dating. Taehyung made Jungkook feel like he was in summer paradise.

It was summer 2016 when Jungkook left. He was accepted at Julliard for his talent in music and it was hard for the both of them to keep their long-distance relationship stable. Jungkook wasn’t used to the setting, but Taehyung kept calling.

It was summer 2017 when they finally realized they couldn’t keep this up anymore. Constant fighting. Not enough communication. Taehyung’s still fights for them, wants to fight to save them, but Jungkook’s tired. So it ended.

It was summer 2018 when Taehyung found a new lover. He didn’t love him like he loved Jungkook, he knew, but it’s better than hearing how Jungkook’s happy with his own– ever since two months after they broke up.

It was summer 2019 when Jungkook realized he was still in love with Taehyung. But Taehyung’s already found someone else. Someone he posts on Instagram often, someone he tweets about daily, someone who Taehyung proposed to.

It was summer 2020 when Jungkook finally came home. Amongst his family and friends who greeted him at the airport. He longed to see Taehyung, the one who took him to a summer paradise long ago. But then he realized Taehyung’s already taken someone else.