Eighteen

Tumblr prompt: AU where people age until they reach 18 and then stop aging until they meet their soulmate so that the can grow old together. Imagine someone living for hundreds of years because their soulmate was in another century.

🌼🌼🌼

Jungkook is 119 years old. But he’s technically 18 since he stopped aging since then because of the universal rule, the soulmate rule. And he’s convinced let himself that he’s living forever because he’s never ever–ever–seen his soulmate, even just a shadow of him.

It’s another day of being trapped in this young body, people often ask him how old he is, and obviously he wouldn’t answer with 119. How dare he Jungkook make him wait this long? It’s already been a cent–“Hey, watch it.” Jungkook snaps because he’s broken out of his misery.

A boy around his teens, (well duh of course, maybe he could be 50 years old but still he would look like a teen if he still did not find his soulmate) greets him with an apologetic grin, “Sorry, just–uh–” the boy stammers, then his words fail. He keeps staring at Jungkook and Jungkook can’t help but stare back. “I’m Taehyung, and I think I just found my soulmate.” Taehyung whispers, half-minded.

It’s natural instinct, a rush within the system of a person to know at the perfect moment that the person standing in front of you is your soulmate. Jungkook gasps when Taehyung embraces him, and he smiles back.

“Did you wait long?” Jungkook asks without breaking their hug, Taehyung giggles and replies, “No, I just turned 18 a few months ago.” And if Jungkook weren’t too happy right now, he would’ve smacked the living daylights out of Taehyung, but he settles for an eye roll instead. Besides, the most important thing right now is that his soulmate is here in his arms and Jungkook wouldn’t trade him for the world.

“Why’d you have to be born 101 years younger than me? I hate you already.” Jungkook jokes, but Taehyung shuts him up with a kiss on the cheek.