Chapter 1

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped. In front of you were giant robots.

The biggest one came up to you and introduced himself. "Hello I am Optimus prime we are Autonomous robotic organisms, but you can call us autobots. Welcome to our team, we've been expecting you."

"Ugh another human?! Wasn't three bad enough!" A orange/red and white bot complained rather loudly.

You were greeted by three people who were a bit younger than you. 

Your life changed that day.

~present day~

You sketched on your drawing pad and looked up at your "muse" every so often.

Being careful to capture every detail as he worked.  He hasn't noticed you as he was so busy. Totally engrossed in what he was doing. Typical. You were pretty bored but you were in the mood to sketch again.

You get out sometimes but sometimes is not enough. Miko, jack, and raf were at school at the time and arcee was out with bee for scouting energon. You weren't sure where Optimus or bulkhead were so you were left alone with your guardian, ratchet. 

As ironic as it was you were pared with the bot that wanted you the least. The reason for that was that all the other bots were looking after the other kids and Optimus was too busy to "babysit" you. Meaning ratchet was the only option. 

He eventually got used to your company. But only because he had to. 

You lived at the base and you never went to school. You thought about it though. 

Ratchet would often ask "why don't you go to that thing that the other kids go all the time?" 

You would always give the same response. "I'm too old now."

It was sort of true. You would be in your last year. You could go and get registered. But you didn't want to worry about the embarrassment of being a transfer student and worry about homework tests and harassment.

But you still wondered if you should go or not.

You finished your sketch of ratchet, closing your sketch pad and looked around.

You were remembering the day you were introduced to the autobots by agent fowler and how different your life was.

You eyed the entry/exit of the base. 

Ratchet was focused so intensely on the screens that if you slipped out he wouldn't have noticed. 

It wouldn't be the first.

You snuck out often. You disliked being watched all the time and always being under authority.

You quietly made your way down the steps of the catwalk and darted through the tunnel.

When the doors slid away you were blinded by the bright light.

You opened your arms as you stepped out and took a deep breath of fresh air. It was good to be free!

You began to walk around the rocky walls stretching as you went. Walks helped you clear your mind and relax.

Your fingers traced along the hot, rough surface. The wind blew the hair away from your face.

You took in everything. The sights, the smells, the heat of the sun, the dryness of the earth.

It was peaceful in a lonely kind of way. But sometimes you didn't mind being alone. Especially at times like those. 

You sat down in a shaded spot and sighed.

You were ready to go on another mission, but you hardly got to go. Being a mere human and your guardian never seemed to get out.