Chapter 6

You stared at your sketch pad with vehemence. 

You couldn't get your mind straight and you seemed to be out of sorts. Your thoughts and feelings were all twisted and jumbled. It made you want to scream.

On the inside you were a wreck but on the outside you tried to play cool indifference. As if nothing had ever changed.

How could it be that just a couple of weeks ago you found out the truth. That you and wheeljack were connected in some way. And even shared an amazing private moment together. 

Though nothing really happened when ratchet left you two alone. You both just silently enjoyed each others company until ratchet came back and had you both do more tests which caused you to fall asleep on wheeljack. But when you woke up he was nowhere to be found.

You knew that you haven't dreamt everything. You were sure it was real. You were sure that wheeljack loved you in some way. Now you were starting to have doubts.

You could hear the others laughing and enjoying the company of their cybertronian companions and you bristled.

"WHO does HE THINKS HE IS anyways!" You snapped as you stood up abruptly from your spot and stomped into the elevator.

Once to the top you tossed your sketching materials aside and began to pick up rocks to lob over the edge.

Everyone inside the base stopped immediately after you disappeared. Ratchet started to make his way to the elevator when Arcee put a servo on his shoulder and stopped him.

You were on your 9th rock when you heard the elevator behind you to see arcee.

Your look turned sour and slumped near the edge of the cliff.

Arcee sat down next to you and let out a vent.

"Care to chat?" She asked genuinely.

You let out a sigh of your own. Full of pent up frustration.

"I don't understand. One moment he tells me he cares for me and then he up and leaves without a word."

Arcee gave you an apologetic look.

"You have to understand that wheeljack is just like that."

You fought back the tears that were threatening to come. "But he promised he wouldn't." You mumbled softly.

Arcee vented another sigh and looked out in the distance. "I'm sorry that you feel this way. I know I'm not wheeljack but is there anything I could do to help you feel better? "

You looked up at her as she looked down at you. She seemed genuine. It was nice having someone there for you again.

You cracked a small smile. "I think a motorcycle ride would be nice. "

Arcee rolled her optics teasingly and a smile graced her features. "Anything to make you feel better. "

You both got up and walked together to the elevator.

Once inside Arcee looked down at you. "Now you know I like following protocol. Which means no speeding. Also that we immediately report to base if there is any decepticon activity. "

You shrugged your shoulders.  "I know."

"But just this time.  For you; I might pull some strings and make an exception."

You looked up at her with excitement and surprise.  "Really?!"

With that the elevator doors opened. "we'll see."