Chapter 3

"Hey kid how are you." Wheeljack greeted you as you sleepily walked out of your room.

"Wait. Wheeljack? What? What are you doing here?"

"I'm kidnapping you." he spoke so casually like it was obvious or even something normal.

"What."

You hardly had time to react as the crazy bot picked you up and walked out of the base, barely getting past the prime and the medic.

"Wheeljack it's 3 AM."

Wheeljack gave a smirk. "I know that."

You growled. "What in pit then?!"

Wheeljack wasn't going to tell you the reason why he gotten you. It was too embarrassing for the wrecker.

It's been a couple of days that he's had those reoccurring nightmares of you disappearing or something bad happening to you. He didn't know why he was having those dreams but he was. No matter what they kept reoccurring. He absentmindedly rubbed the area over his spark as it all started to come back in full vivid detail.

The most disturbing one was you were standing on charred ground and ash. Looking out at the miles and miles of destruction. He could hear your screams but he could never reach you. His vocalizer would refuse to function and all he could do is watch you suffer.

"Uh wheeljack?"

He snapped out of his daze and noticed that he was standing right in front of the jackhammer.

He entered and pushed out a vent when the entrance shut behind the two of you.

"Now what?" you had no idea what was going on in his helm.

Wheeljack didn't know what exactly to do next.

Recharge? That would be a little uncomfortable, but man he was in need of recharge. Not getting a decent one for awhile he would usually end up pacing and do more energon scouting.

"I'm really tired Wheeljack. If you're going to keep me up all night I'm not going to be pleasant tomorrow." You said as you yawned and stretched.

Wheeljack let out a vent. "Alright kid I'll just fly the jackhammer around and you can rest." finally he can relax a bit again with you by his side.

You were confused. "But I'm going to be asleep. What's the fun in that?"

Wheeljack didn't know how to answer. "Eh, don't worry about it kid." No way he was going to tell the truth.  Sure they weren't real but those realistic nightmares plagued his spark with a feeling of unease.

With that wheeljack sat in the pilot seat and let you rest on his shoulder plates. He tried the best he could manage to keep still enough for you to get comfortable and to not have to worry about falling off.

After powering up the jackhammer and having a smooth takeoff wheeljack felt your body relax and the sound of your breathing steadied and deepened.

He had a smile on his face. You were safe and right there. Nothing to worry about.

But soon he felt himself being called by recharge as his optics would start to unfocus and would catch himself to start to veer in different directions.

Wheeljack put the jackhammer in autopilot as a extra measure and rested back in the seat ever so slightly.

Soon he couldn't fight it and he fell into recharge.

"Wheeljack"

Wheeljack's optics onlined.

"Wheeljack"