Chapter 2

"Let's get outta here before ratchet the hatchet comes busting out with his wrench of doom!" You shrieked as you leaped inside wheeljack and both took off in a mad frenzy.

You have been sneaking out with wheeljack and doing stuff together for a couple of weeks now but ratchet has caught on and nearly caught you as you sprinted out of the base.

"So kid what do you have in mind this time?" Wheeljack asked once you were a safe distance away. He always felt a sense of ease once you were back with him again.

Your mind went back to when miko invited you to dune bashing with bulkhead a couple of days ago.

"Let's go smash some dunes!"

Wheeljack wanted to roll his optics. Sand was a major pain in the aft, he could almost already feel the grittiness under his plaiting and jamming his gears.

But wheeljack didn't complain. Since it was for you.

"Sure thing kid."

You stretched and lounged in wheeljack's comfortable seats.

You watched as the scenery peacefully flew by.

Wheeljack still had some things on his processor from your first time you spent together. He wanted to ask but figured it would be best to wait. But it bothered him. He didn't even knew why. It gnawed at him more than it should and it drove him insane.

"So, kid. What was your life like before you joined the autobot cause." Wheeljack asked feeling awkward, cutting the heavy silence.

He felt your body tense and your body temperature rise.

"Well, I had my parents and my overall family. Though wasn't very big. I lived in a house and went to school like any other kid." You shrugged, pretending like talking about the past was no big deal.

Wheeljack could see through your disguise. What bothered him was that you spoke in past tense. What happened to you? The gnawing only intensified on his spark.

"You never really said how you are familiar to fowler or how you got here."

You took a shaky breath. "Well... I'd rather not talk about it." You turned and looked out the window again.

Wheeljack felt his energon tanks tightnen.

"You know I'm here for you. You can talk to me if you ever want to." Wheeljack actually nervous saying that. Primus, he didn't know why.

You examined your feet. "Ok, I'll keep it in mind."

Silence came and settled on the two of you.

But not long after ratchet called in and filled the silence with his annoyed voice.

"Hate to break up your little eloping adventure but (name) is due for a checkup and will require her to come back to the base."

"WE ARE NOT ELOPING!" You and wheeljack yelled in unison.

Ratchet just grunted in irritation and cut the communication.

"I don't want to go." You crossed your arms and huffed. "I hate check ups."

Wheeljack chuckled. "I can agree with you on that one kid."

You chafed your arms and looked down.

"Hey, can we go cliff jumping or mountain riding instead?" Your voice felt small.

"Isn't that a little too dangerous?" Wheeljack poked at you.

"So? I think my life with the autobots is dangerous in general."