Chapter 7

You and ratchet talked back and fourth for awhile.  Enjoying each others company. 

"Hey ratch. What are we doing here? "

You haven't even realized but ratchet stopped in front of what looked like a small shopping area. 

"I figured it would be fine if we stopped for a bit. Besides didn't you say earlier that you wanted to look around a bit?"

"You're just messing with me.  You're kidding right?"

"Do you really think I'm not serious?"

You were honestly surprised. "But I thought you said that we weren't here for sightseeing?"

Ratchet looked back at you with a smile. "I know what I said.  I just thought it might not hurt if we went stopped and stretched your legs for a bit."

You leaned your head on his shoulder. "Awe ratchet you're so kind!"

You could hear him scoff at your statement which made you stifle a chuckle. 

Ratchet then got out and walked to the other side and opened the door. You could only imagine how weird that must've felt to ratchet.

Ratchet then extended a hand towards you and helped you out.

"Thanks Ratchet. But maybe you shouldn't be walking around with that coat on.  It makes you stand out even more than you already do." you mentioned while staring at his arm. 

Ratchet followed your line of sight to his coat. 

Without taking much effort he quickly pulled it off to reveal a gray sleeveless shirt.

Your eyes nearly popped out of your head as you saw ratchets arms. "Dang ratchet. I didn't know you had muscles!" you teased. 

Ratchet tossed the coat onto the passenger seat to which it disappeared. While doing so he wore a unamused expression.

"What we're you expecting?"

You shrugged.  "I don't know.  A dad bod?"

Ratchet looked almost offended.

"Sorry ratch. It's just you're not out in the field all the time like the others...   I though that maybe...."

You trailed off before you could do more damage. 

Ratchet tried to ignore your previous statement.

"So where do you want to go?" Ratchet inquired trying to change the subject. 

You shrugged your shoulders. "I don't know.  I don't get out much. We could just look and walk around. "

Ratchet nodded. "We can't go too far though.  This form does have a limited range.  Not only that but the further away we get the harder it gets to see."

You nodded back in understanding. "Guess we should just go in a circle then."

"It would be wise to do so."

You quickly surveyed your surroundings and the shops nearby.

Thinking of a route less crowded.

"Ah ha; There!" you pointed out to ratchet.

He looked the direction you were pointing to see a craft store. 

Ratchet raised an eyebrow. 

"Whhaaaat? I need more supplies! Besides it doesn't hurt to look at what they have."

Ratchet shrugged.  If it kept you busy then why not. 

You treaded carefully to make sure ratchet didn't trip or bump into anybody on you way over.