Twenty

Akashi

"Dear? Why are you here?"

"I just—how is he?"

"He's resting right now, like you should be. Why are you up? You should be on bed."

"I wanted to check up on him."

Noisy...

"I know, dear. But still—"

"I got tired and I wanted to walk around. Is that bad?"

"Well... no."

The conversation kept going and I realized that my body was aching and I felt heavy all over, which is probably why I couldn't open my eyes.

Fuck... what happened?

"It's already nighttime and he's still out."

"Just let him be for the meantime. He did have a mild concussion, so he needs to be on bed rest."

Mild concussion? Shit...

I groaned out loud and the people around me tensed, then suddenly fell quiet.

"S-Seijuro...?"

I forced myself to open my heavy eyes and I was met by a blurry image. I tried to sit up, but winced when I felt an ache.

"Seijuro. You're not supposed to be sitting up yet."

I couldn't do anything but grit my teeth as the person guided me back down to the bed.

My head was throbbing and my body was twisting in pain whenever I moved. I settled on my back with a hiss, and let my eyes adjust to the bright light.

After blinking repeatedly, my vision cleared up and I saw my parents looking at me with worry clouding on their faces.

"What happened...?" I rasped out. My gaze landed on my father, and my eyebrows furrowed when I saw a gauze on his jaw. "Father? Why are you bandaged up?"

"This is nothing compared to your bandages." Father sighed and I looked at him in confusion.

"I'm... lost. I don't understand what's going on."

I turned my head to look at my mother, and I felt a sting when I did.

"Mother?"

"Dear, you have a mild concussion from being hauled into the wall and you were unconscious for quite some time because of that. You've got wounds on your neck from being strangled too hard, a wound on your cheek from a knife, and scars all over your body from the broken shards of the vase. And your father here has been beaten up, and apparently he has a bruised jaw."

"That's very detailed, thank you." I mumbled, a sigh slipping from my lips. "But how did that happen? I can't seem to remember the events."

"You went to charge at the chihuahua, but Furihata Kyosuke came into the picture, and the rest is history."

"Oh."