Twenty Two

"A job well done, all of you." Akashi praised, his underlings smiling triumphantly. "But keep in mind that this has only started, and the real deal will take place later tonight. Clean up this mess and bring the bodies to the warehouse. I have a few things to discuss with all of you after it's done."

"Roger that, Shogun!"

Akashi looked at the men in front of him, and nodded his head, pleased with how things turned out.

As the others were dragging the corpses to the said place, Haizaki approached Akashi with Ru tailing behind him.

"Congrats boss!" Haizaki grinned. "It all turned out according to your plan."

"Who do you take me for? I'm Akashi Seijuro." Akashi grunted, his sharp eyes glaring at Haizaki as he recalled something. "Oi, I remember you calling me a midget back then."

"Oh did I?" Haizaki smirked. "Sorry boss, but you told me to act like myself! I was just playing my part."

"Right." Akashi snorted, his gaze falling to Ru. "And how about you, mister serious business?"

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to maintain a strict façade?" Ru complained, clicking his tongue. "It's pretty fucking hard. It was pure torture when all I wanted was to laugh at their faces for being idiots."

"How sadistic of you," Akashi chuckled, leaning against the hood of a car. "But I salute you, Ru. You had one of the hardest job among the group after all."

"Breaching Shikoku's vital information was only a piece of cake." Ru scoffed, easily brushing the subject off. "Look at how easy Furihata Kyosuke trusts me even though I was only a new member."

"Maybe you did something else?" Haizaki grinned.

"Don't align me with you, shitty Haizaki." Ru snickered, prodding at Haizaki's arm. "I was just smart enough and I know my ways."

"Whatever ya say, ya little shit."

Once the bodies were in place, they gathered inside the enormous warehouse and they all stood before Akashi.

Akashi, who was sat on a crate, scanned the small group. His gaze traveled from Haizaki, Ru, Takao, Nijimura then Imayoshi. Akashi stared at the empty spaces beside Imayoshi, and he could feel guilt building up.

Akashi's eyes shut closed when he felt a piercing headache, and his chest tightened when he recalled the events that took place months ago.

-

- months prior -

"Shit! I can't lose to those filthy fucking dogs!"

Akashi was currently pacing around his room. His marriage to Furihata Kouki was already being processed, and he was desperately thinking of a way to get out of the said mess. His parents were obviously disappointed at him, and without their support, he had no idea what to do.

Akashi growled and hurled the glass all the way across his room in frustration. It smashed into pieces and the liquor that he was once drinking, stained the wall and the broken shards laid dangerously on the floor.