Twenty Six

"Fuck!"

Akashi growled, gripping his hair as his head throbbed in worry and fear. Kuroko was standing beside him, face drenched with sorrow. He was trying to calm his alpha down, but to no avail. His tears were cascading down his face, trying his hardest not to completely break down.

He had to stay strong. They have to save Emiko.

The worried guests were all sent home, only Seijuro, Tetsuya and their parents were present. They were gathered outside, in the lounge as Masaomi and Yuuto devised a possible plan that they could do without of course, risking the life of their granddaughter.

They had to think fast.

Tension filled the room. Pheromones were all over the place, and everything smelt of fear and anxiety. Especially from the omegas.

"What are we supposed to do?" Akashi growled, "While we waste our time standing here, Emiko's life could be in danger!"

"Calm down, Seijuro. Do not be rash." Masaomi scolded.

He knew that his son had every right to be worried right now, because if Masaomi was in his place, he would be dead worried. Emiko is extremely important to him as well, but they have to think of a concrete plan on how to approach the said bastards that took their precious princess who did nothing to be dragged in this mess.

"Sei-kun." Kuroko whispered, his tears wouldn't stop from coming out, he was immensely scared for Emiko, oh how terrified she must be at the moment.

"We'll find a way to save her, okay? Please calm down." Akashi rubbed his mate's back, urging him to sit down and pressing a soft kiss on his forehead, before heading towards his father and Yuuto.

"Seijuro..." Yuuto cautiously called out. "I—"

"We were too careless." Akashi muttered. "Instead of finishing off that fucking chihuahua, we let him go, and now what did he do? He kidnapped Emiko!"

"None of us wanted this to happen, Seijuro. Rather than dwelling on our past mistake, isn't it more plausible to think of how to get Emiko back?" Masaomi's voice boomed, and Kuroko, who was now in Akiko's arms, sobbed harder.

Akashi frowned and Masaomi rubbed his temple. Yuuto exasperatedly sighed.

"Let us all compose ourselves, alright? This is not the time to lose our temper." the elder Kuroko stepped up, "Everyone is worried sick about her. No one is dismissing the fact that she's out there in danger, but we can't let this fear cloud our thinking. Now, what is the most efficient way that we can track them down?"

"CCTV." Kuroko shakily whispered, "Aren't there surveillance cameras surrounding the place? Not just the estate, but all the way out to the main road."

"I already checked, the ones in front of the mansion and all the way to road are all conveniently cut off. They had already planned this." Akashi bit his lip, feet tapping against marbled floor. "They had been working under our fucking noses."

"Noses... can you perhaps follow her scent?" Shiori weakly suggested, hopefully looking at the three alphas. "Like three hound dogs."

"Mom."

"I'm sorry— I'm just really desperate."