4| Conditions

Love you so bad,
For you, I'm enacting a pretty lie.

- Fake Love

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"You earned a daughter instead."

"And I don't want you to stay locked up like this anymore alright?" Never in her life had Jihye felt such strong ties like those of father and daughter, except for with her own father.

Both of Jihye's parents smiled in acknowledgement when Jihye entered the room with Mr. Jeon. Their daughter had managed to lighten up his mood somehow.

"Although your beautiful daughter here said that you don't blame me for this, but still, I'd like to say I'm sorry for everything that happened," apologized Mr. Jeon.

"Look, we still trust you all, okay?" Mr. Park reassured.

"Told you," smiled Jihye. "If I can do something... anything to protect your reputation, I'll do that.''

Mrs. Jeon smiled, and ruffled her hair — which was her favourite way of showing affection towards Jihye.

''There might be, but I can't ruin your life like that anymore, Jihye," smiled Mr. Jeon. "The fact that you've offered to do something is enough for us."

"No, please, I really want to help," Jihye pleaded. "At least, tell me."

"Well, the media knows my son's getting married to you. They don't know which son it is," said Mr. Jeon hesitantly.

"What?" Jungkook stood up from his seat. "I-"

"I know, son. You don't have to do it," he said with a pained smile. "We'll just have to let them know the truth."

"But..." Jungkook glanced at Jihye. She stood still with her lips slightly parted, pure horror in her eyes. She pretty much had the same expression as Jungkook's.

"I want to talk with Jihye first," he said. ''Privately."

"Okay, go to your room," said Mrs. Jeon.

Jungkook motioned Jihye to come with him, apparently making her come back to her senses. She followed him upstairs to his bedroom, probably the only room in the house she'd never been in.

It was... neat.

Everything was in an organized manner. Not too much, not too less. This 21-year-old had an aptitude for video games, which would be visible to anyone who sees his room. He had a few posters of pop idols on the walls, probably hung a few years back when he was still in high school.

When the lights weren't turned on, the only way for light to enter the room was the window. Sunlight flooded the room from there. He pointed towards the armchair and said, ''Sit down, please."

Jihye did as she was told and Jungkook sat down on the bed facing her. He looked straight into her eyes and said, "This might be the most awkward conversation we ever have but let's just get this over with."

His business-like tone startled Jihye. She had never heard him speaking like this. She slowly started to state her opinion, "Look, I loved... love Junghyun. He told me to wait for him, and I know he'll return," she said. "I can't possibly marry you, Jungkook."

"It's not like I want to marry you, either. I know my brother loves you," he replied. "But at the same time, I can't just let my father down like this. He's had enough." Jihye nodded in agreement.

"I think I can manage the duty of the company. But, it's not possible for me to really marry you," he hesitated.

"I understand," said Jihye.

''It seems like we only have one option left now."

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Jungkook walked back into the room, with Jihye following closely behind. Their parents tensed up a little.

"We talked about it and came to a conclusion," Jungkook said. "We want to get married."

All of their mouths hung open at that. They couldn't believe their children had simply taken such a big decision on their own in just a few minutes.

"But on a few conditions, of course," Jungkook added.

"Anything, son," said Mrs. Jeon.

''If we get married, that means I become the new CEO. I'm okay with that, but at the same time, I want to graduate from college, too," said Jungkook.

"Of course," agreed Mr. Jeon at once.

"The main condition's still left," admitted Jihye. ''We do want to get married but we all know that Jungkook and I  aren't really committed to each other..." she trailed off.

"You've made your point," said Mrs. Park.

"For that reason, we want this to be a contract marriage for two months, at most. After that, we'll be... free," she finished.

There was a moment of silence. Finally, Jihye's father broke it. "I think that's fair enough," he announced and the others nodded and hummed in response.

"Alright, then. I think you should all just rest today and prepare yourselves a bit more," said Mrs. Park. ''The dress can wait, we still have two weeks left."

๑☆゚.*・。๑

"Hyung! It's been so long since I saw you guys!" Jimin exclaimed with joy to see his favourite people at their doorstep. He stepped aside to make way for them.

"Well, we heard about Jihye, and it's been long since we saw you guys," said Hoseok with his smile, which was as bright as the sun.

"Someone say my name?" Jihye came into view with a greeting smile on her face.

"Jihye!" Hoseok wrapped her in a hug. "It's been ages since we saw you."

"How are you holding up?" Asked Yoongi with a smile.

"Pretty well, considering how I thought she'd be," Jimin replied for his sister. ''How come you never ask me how I am?" He pouted.

"You're not the one who went through all of that, idiot," Yoongi chuckled. "It's great to see you're fine, Jihye. But know we're always here for you.''

"Yeah, you're nothing less than our sister," Hoseok added.

"I know," Jihye smiled delightfully. "So, it's hot chocolate for Hoseok oppa and coffee for the two of you?"

"I love it how you never forget my favourites," Hoseok laughed.

"I'm your sister, remember?"

Walking up to the kitchen, Jihye smiled to herself recalling all those fun memories she had made with these guys. Unknowingly, she'd had brothers except Jimin who were always there for her.

She knew she'd miss Junghyun on the way. She already couldn't stop thinking about where he went or when he'd return, but she was certain about one thing. That with all of their support, she'd get through this.

She'd spend the next two months without any trouble.

Or would she?