16| Anagapesis

❛❛This is too hard.
Is this path right for me?
I am so confused.❜❜

- Lost

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"I'm mostly mad at myself."

"Why?" Jungkook was confused. He knew she desperately needed someone to talk to but was too embarrassed to talk about it.

He touched her hand, and this time, she could understand what he meant: Can you trust me?

"I knew this would happen. That Junghyun wasn't ready," Jihye continued on. "But I didn't even try to talk to him about it once."

"Jihye, for the last time, the fact that he left is not your fault," Jungkook told her.

"Maybe that isn't but there's something else," she hesitated. Jungkook looked at her as if to ask ''what?"

"At first, I blamed him. Then I realized, it wasn't his fault. He just did what he loved. But these days, I feel so torn apart. I don't know what to think or what to feel anymore," she opened up.

Jungkook waited for her to go on.

"Euphoria made me realize so many things. The song wasn't even about Junghyun." Jungkook felt a weird sensation in his stomach.

"Back when we were dating, he made it to the lyrics of so many of my songs but now, I finally wrote one of the songs closest to my heart, and he isn't there," she sniffled. "He told me to wait for him, said he'd come back but I couldn't. I'm such a terrible person."

"No, listen to me. You're anything but a terrible person." Jihye sighed.

A tear escaped her eye and he wiped it off with his hand. "Jihye, you're the most beautiful person I ever met. Inside and out. You have to follow your heart. It's okay to fall out of love with someone."

"But I feel guilty, it was three years," she whispered.

"You can't control your feelings. Sometimes it takes a long time to fall in love but you can also fall out of love like that." He snapped his fingers. "This doesn't make you a bad person and I'm sure Hyung will understand."

"Thank you, Jungkook. I really needed this." She finakly looking him in the eye. "I'm just not ready to face him right now. I need time."

"That's perfectly normal, and remember this: I'm always going to be here for you," he replied. "Now, are you finally gonna open that pizza you were going crazy about?"

"Yeah," Jihye finally smiled and Jungkook felt like a great weight was off his shoulders. He wanted her to smile like this, always.

"You've done so much for me ever since our wedding," Jihye said, getting up and opening a box of pizza. "I really don't know how to repay you, Jungkook."

"If anything, I should repay you for marrying me in the first place," he scoffed. Jihye didn't respond and he turned around to look at her for the lack of it. He smiled to himself seeing her busy with the pizza box.