11| September 4th

❛❛We shared something
And you can't make it nothing;
I hope you don't forget
You're mine.❜❜

- Best of me

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Never do anything like that for me ever again."

"Pardon?" Jihye was startled by his statement.

"I said, never ever do anything for me like that," he repeated.

"Why?" Jihye asked. "You seemed to be perfectly okay with it till a while ago."

"I don't want to talk about it," he said dismissively.

"Well, I do," Jihye sounded offended. "Why do you think I shouldn't have done this? Look at me, Jeon Jungkook!" The last part was said to catch Jungkook's attention.

Jungkook did look at her. "Calm down."

"How am I supposed to calm down when someone says not to arrange a birthday party for them and then stops talking without any explanation?" She asked with a considerably calmer tone.

"You want explanations from me?" Jungkook sounded agitated. "Who are you to ask explanations from me? We aren't even really married."

His words hit her hard. The truth dawned upon her like a heavy weight. She was, all of a sudden, at a loss for words.

"Are you doing this to prove that you're the perfect wife because you miss Hyung? I don't want to be used, Jihye! If you just want to strengthen your position in the family, you don't have to do it by all of this!" He exclaimed, gesturing to the room.

"I could never use you," Jihye's voice came out as nothing more than a whisper as tears escaped her eyes. "I didn't do any of this for something, Jungkook. I did it for someone - you." Jungkook was caught off guard seeing her tears fall freely.

"I arranged this party not because I'm using you as a substitute of Junghyun but to thank you for the kindness you've been showing me since our wedding," she said, louder this time. "I heard you talking to Taehyung Oppa at college. I know it's just a responsibility you're carrying out."

Jungkook realized what a mistake he'd made seconds before. He slowly approached Jihye with his hands extended but Jihye backed away.

"I was forced into this as much as you were, Jungkook," she said. "And it was foolish of me to have expected anything more from you."

Jihye's words were like a knife through the heart for Jungkook. He wanted to reach out, to comfort her and be comforted by her. But he couldn't. It was, as if, something kept him rooted to the spot.

Jihye turned around, went to her room and locked the door behind her. Jungkook plopped down on the couch. Regret filled him up. But he knew better than to talk to Jihye right now. She needed some space.

''How am I going to make it up to her and tell her the truth?''

Little did he know, Jungkook get the chance very, very soon.

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Jungkook entered his apartment at 10 pm after a long day and found out that the lights were turned off. The door to Jihye's room was locked.

Just like it had been for the previous three days.

It had been three days since his birthday and also three days since he last spoke with Jihye which did not end on good terms. But he couldn't tell her the truth, no matter what.

Since becoming the CEO of the company, he had to attend the office after college. Per his request, he wasn't assigned much work, but still, he had to work hard to adjust to everything. And that resulted in him coming home later than usual and finding Jihye locked up in her room.

The girl was reluctant to even face him. For the previous three days, she left for college before he even woke up, and since he had to go to the office straight from college, he couldn't speak to her at all. He tried to find her in between the classes but she always managed to avoid him.

This is it. I have to talk to her, he thought, and knocked on the door. Just as he had expected, she didn't answer. "Jihye? Please open the door. I just want to talk to you." Jungkook stared at the door hoping for an answer he never got.

He remembered the time when Jihye had done the same thing after she read his brother's last letter. A feeling of deja vu coursed through his body.

He softly placed his hand on the door knob and the door clicked open, scaring the wits out of him. He stepped back swiftly. ''Jihye?" He called again. "Can I come in?"

He let himself in and found out that the room was very dark, even the curtains were drawn. It took him a second to adjust his vision. He saw the blurry figure of Jihye on the bed, leaning against the headboard. Just when he was about to approach her, a single source of light slightly illuminated the room.

It was a candle, lit by Jihye herself.

Jungkook saw a match in Jihye's left hand and a candle in her right. She blew off the match and looked straight at Jungkook, placing the candle on the side table. None of her weird behavior surprised Jungkook.

What did surprise him was that Jihye had nothing on except her undergarments.

He wanted to look away but something kept him from doing so. He realized how Jihye must have felt when she walked in on him half naked. But he was pretty sure, a series of very inappropriate images had not flashed through her mind back then.

"W-what happened to your clothes?"

Great, now I'm stuttering, too, he thought.

"Nothing," Jihye replied dismissively, not taking her eyes off Jungkook. "I just felt hot."

Jungkook couldn't believe how a person could say such simple and innocent things looking so... sinful. ''Do you have a fever or something?" He reluctantly walked over towards her, sat on the side of the bed and placed his hand on her forehead. It was at normal temperature.

"No, you don't," he said, mostly to himself. "Um.. listen, I want to talk," he was having great trouble keeping his eyes off her petite body.

"I don't," Jihye replied and a faint smell of alcohol reached Jungkook. He realized she was drunk. "Let's do something else, something fun," Jihye added and suddenly yanked the collar of his shirt towards her so that there was barely any space left between their faces.

Her alcoholic breath fanned his face and he seemed to forget everything he wanted to say. He placed his hand on her waist for support and could only think of what else his hands could do on her smooth skin right now.

He knew Jihye wanted to feel his lips on hers, and he wanted that more than anything else in the world. A part of him wanted to push her away while another told him to pull her closer. Before he could decide between them, Jihye showed a sudden act of boldness.

She crashed her lips on Jungkook's.

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Hope you got the title there.