13| Bully

❛❛Oh, you have already made it
Into several lines of my lyrics;
It's even more than that.❜❜

- Blanket Kick

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Her neck was covered in red and purple marks.

After a quick shower and change of clothes, Jihye got out of the room with Jungkook's shirt in her hand, not sure how she'd face him.

Jungkook was sitting on one of the chairs of the dining table when Jihye entered the room. His eyes shot towards her, and he found his shirt in her hand. Her hair was damp. Jungkook looked away hesitantly, knowing she'd seen the hickeys.

Jihye sat across him, and asked, "Is it okay if I give it you back later? You know, after washing or something?"

"It's okay. You don't have to," Jungkook stopped her halfway and remembered the time when they'd taken the decision to get married. The awkwardness in the air was a lot like this.

"Can you please tell me truthfully what happened last night? I can't remember a single thing," she said, embarrassed.

"You were drunk and I came home to find your door locked. I went inside your room, and you were sitting on the bed... Uhm," he wasn't sure how to continue.

"O-okay, that's enough," she shut him off when faint memories started to come back."I'll just assume you took care of me after that. Thank you very much."

"It's no problem," he said. "Listen, I actually wanted to apologise to you last night for behaving like that on my birthday."

Jihye looked at Jungkook and he continued, ''I wasn't in the right state of mind. What I did was wrong. I was afraid."

"Of what?" Jihye asked softly.

"I was afraid you'd treat me like these two months didn't exist in our life once this marriage was over," he admitted. ''I know I'm not as good as my brother. I never was and I probably never will—"

"You don't have to be as good as Junghyun," Jihye touched his hand over the table. "You're the best when you're... you," she finished and Jungkook smiled slightly, releasing a sigh of relief.

 you," she finished and Jungkook smiled slightly, releasing a sigh of relief

That made Jihye's heart flutter. "It's not like you aren't good, you know. You're smart, talented... a heart-throb. Girls at college swoon over you," she added.

"They aren't like you."

"Just don't talk to me like that ever again, please," she requested him. "It hurts me."

Jungkook looked Jihye in the eye and promised, "I won't."
Jihye smiled. "You need to eat something now," he said, getting up and passing a bowl of soup towards Jihye.