23| Hyung

❛❛I wish love was perfect as love itself;
I wish all my weaknesses could be hidden.❜❜

- Fake Love

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Hyung."

"Glad to hear you finally acknowledge that after defying all the responsibilities I gave you," Junghyun said.

"What responsibilities? You left, just like that!" Jungkook snapped. "You left without a word and then you suddenly called me to take care of things instead of calling our parents or Jihye."

"Look, I admit I left without a word but what else could I do?" Junghyun tried to reason with him. "I explained it to Jihye in the letter and then I called you to tell you to take care of her."

"And I did that very well," Jungkook was losing his calm.

"I can see that," Junghyun said through gritted teeth. His hands clenched into fists. "I told you to take care of her; not marry her as soon as I leave!"

"Can't you see? I had to," Jungkook looked into his brother's eyes. "For everyone's good. God knows what'd happen to Dad if the media came to know about it."

"Everyone's good, my ass," Junghyun stood up from the couch.

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

Jihye walked out of the elevator, thinking how Jungkook would react when he came to know that she became friends with the girl who was once forced to bully her.

But she stopped dead in her tracks when she heard Jungkook's voice coming from inside. He was speaking so loudly that she could hear it from their doorstep. But when she heard the other voice, she felt chill run down her spine.

"Everyone's good, my ass," Junghyun's voice boomed from inside. "You had a thing for her from the start, didn't you? You took a liked her from back when we started dating."

"What the hell are you talking about? Why would I like someone you were dating?"

"You always need to have every single thing I had, didn't you? It started when we were kids, with–with the computer and now it's Jihye."

Jihye could sense that the boys were on their feet already, considering how well she knew both of them. She wanted to barge in there before they plunged at each other but her presence could make things worse.

"That's how you got that scar in the first place," Junghyun said and Jihye realized he was talking about the scar on Jungkook's left cheek that she'd noticed only recently.

On the other side of the door, Jungkook was trying his best to control himself.  The older male's anger would lessen once he'd yelled his heart out at him. Or at least he thought so.

"What is it that you like about her? Is it the way she speaks, the way she walks? Or is it her angelic voice?" Junghyun spat. "Or is it just because you want to prove that you're better by stealing my girl?"

Jungkook finally spoke in a firm voice after a while. "For the last time, I've neither tried to steal Jihye nor used her for something."