31| Sick

❛❛Love is so painful.
Goodbyes are even more painful.❜❜

- Love Is Not Over

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"It still hurts so much."

"I won't do anything if you don't want me to. But can you talk to him?" Jimin looked into her eyes. "Not now, of course. But when you're ready, please talk and sort this out. Okay?"

Jihye nodded at her brother's request.

"Everything's gonna be alright." He pulled her into another assuring hug but broke apart when his phone rang. He quickly took it out of his pocket. "It's Yoongi," he said, looking at the screen.

"Why are you telling me that? Accept the call," Jihye's voice still sounded a bit hoarse. But Jimin disregarded her completely and declined the call instead.

''Can't, Ji." He shoved it back to his pocket. "I was supposed to meet him tonight. He'll be mad if I tell him I can't without giving any valid reason. And I'm guessing you won't let me tell anyone, either."

"What? Why the hell didn't you tell me that?" Jihye felt stupid.

Of course he was going out. He opened the door right before you knocked, Jihye!

"Go," she commanded. ''Right now."

"No." Jimin protested. "No one's at home and you're not in the condition where I can leave you alone, Jihye."

"I'm not a child anymore." Jihye crossed her arms over her chest. "It's not everyday our parents aren't home. Go, and stay as long as you like."

"But-"

"Can't you hear me? I said, go!"

"Fine. I'm going, I'm going." He got up and walked reluctantly towards the door. Jihye followed. "Bye. Don't do anything stupid."

"I'm not that weak, Jiminie. Have fun," Jihye forced herself to smile. Jimin kissed her forehead quickly before walking out the door and Jihye locked it instantly.

She walked back to the couch and took her phone out of the bag, to find 45 missed calls from Jungkook and 33 text messages. "So you noticed well that I'm gone, huh?"

Jihye wanted to cry and release the pain inside her but there were no tears left.

She turned off her phone before Jungkook could call her again, scared she'd forget everything and go back to him.

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

On the other side, Jungkook paced frantically in his room, calling Jihye repeatedly until he found her phone switched off.

"No. No, no, no," he muttered to himself. He clutched the letter Jihye had left and read it once again.

Dear Jungkook,

I'm grateful for everything you did for me in the past two months. We were never even supposed to be together, let alone get married and live with one another. Thanks for adapting to this craziness of a wedding.