24| Promise

❛❛I want you to be your light, baby.
You could be your light.
I'll be honest with you tonight.❜❜

- Promise

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Thank you for everything."

"If you really want to think of it that way, consider we're even now," Jungkook grinned, pulling back and it took Jihye a minute to understand he was talking about the incident with the bullies at college.

"About that," she hesitated. "There's something you need to know."

"What?" He asked, worried.

"I ran into one of those girls at the grocery store today. She apologized for bullying me and explained that she was blackmailed into it," she replied. "The main culprit — Jaehee — came to know about her affair with an older guy and the rest is history."

"And?" He knew the story had a part remaining.

"And she told me her boyfriend would meet her mother this weekend. We exchanged numbers so that she could keep me updated about it," Jihye finished.

"Well, seems fair to me as long as she doesn't betray you."

"She won't. At least, I don't think so."

"That's because you have a big heart." Jihye blushed slightly at his compliment. "So will you answer my question now?"

"What question?"

"How much did you hear from the other side of the door?"

''I–" Jihye didn't know how she'd say it to him. She bit her lip in nervousness so harshly that she could almost taste blood.

"Tell me," Jungkook leaned in and nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck.

"Did–did you mean it?" She closed her eyes and blurted out. "When you said you love me, did you mean it?"

"Every. Single. Word." He breathed a long sigh. "Even if you don't feel the same way, I don't think I can ever stop loving you."

"I meant it, too." Jungkook looked at her face in confusion. "When I said it wasn't a role-play to me, I meant it, too."

He didn't say anything so she took that as a sign to go on. "When I said I loved you that day, I said it from my heart, Jungkook. I do love you."

She took his hands in hers. "And I'd love to spend my entire life with you like this, not just these two months." She paused for a while and then continued, "If you'll let me."

Without saying anything, he placed his hand on the back of her head and pressed his lips on hers, kissing her as if she was the most precious thing in the entire world. It made Jihye's heart go crazy with happiness.

"Shall I take that as a yes?" She asked breathlessly when they broke apart.

"A really big 'yes'," Jungkook gave her his bunny smile and she returned it with a wide one as well.

"So what are we now?" She asked him.

"That's a good question," Jungkook's face turned smug. "What are we, Jihye?" His hand moved from the back of her head to her waist, pulling her closer.