5.

"OH SHIT..." Jersey cursed as she tried to sit up. It felt like she had been hit by a brick or something. Her eyes fluttered open and she closed them quickly. Right now, her head wasn't agreeing with her due to all the drinking she was doing last night.

"Man, I'm never gonna drink like that again." She vowed to herself as she eased off her air mattress. Jersey looked over at the hoodie that laid on the edge of her mattress and couldn't help but to think about what happened last night. Quinton had tried to rape her in the club and Malcolm saved her. She wasn't expecting for him to even come to her rescue. Still, it was shocking.

Jersey grabbed Malcolm's hoodie off the mattress and brought it up to her nose for a smell. She inhaled his fresh, crispy scent as she closed her eyes.

A knock on her door startled her and caused her to toss the hoodie on the bed. She opened her door and noticed Kelli with a glass filled with OJ, a piece of toast, and some scrambled, fluffy eggs.

"I heard you groaning so I decided to hook something up for you."

Jersey sighed and said, "Thank you." She took a sip of her juice and ate her food savagely. The toast was dry, but Jersey didn't care. She just wanted to cure her headache.

"So..." Kelli trailed off as she leaned on the archway of the door. "About last night."

"I'm never drinking that much alcohol again." Jersey commented.

"I'm not talking about that. I want to talk about what happened between you and Quintin."

Jersey scoffed while looking off. She looked back at Kelli and said, "He wanted to get back together. I told him no and he tried to rape me."

"What the hell is wrong with him? I mean-you've told him over thirty times that you didn't want to get back with him."

Jersey shrugged her shoulders as she replayed the scene in her head. "I can't believe I used to be in love with him...I'm such an idiot."

"No, you're not..." Kelli objected. "You were just super young, and he was your first. You know us females, we do crazy shit when we're in love."

"Yeah but it's not that much love in the world. I was really wilding out for this man. Like-I did drugs, Kelli. Three years ago, I looked horrible-thank God I don't look like that today-I mean you can't even tell that I did them."

Kelli just fidgeted with her fingers as she thought about Jersey and her past life. She'd remember trying to help her get her life right, but Jersey always relapsed. The rehab treatment didn't help her until she decided to go on her own.

"Well, let's not dwell in the past. You're doing better now and that's all that matters."

Jersey nodded her head as she plastered a fake smile on her face.

"I think you should get some rest-to sleep that headache off."

"I'm fine." Jersey replied as she raised up from the bed. "I need to go to my aunt's place anyway."

Kelli held a look of worry as she eyed her friend. She didn't want Jersey running into Quintin. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be fine." Jersey assured her as she pulled out some clothes. Kelli looked over and noticed the hoodie Malcolm gave Jersey from last night. A smirk appeared on her face as she thought about how hard he went on Quintin for her friend.

_____________________________

Jersey took the stairs up to her aunt's apartment and used the spare key she had. She twisted open the door and called out for her for her aunt. Lisa never answered back, and Jersey expected that since Lisa worked long hours at the hospital.