13.

Malcolm sat back and observed every single thing. There was dinner-lamb chops served over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes, garlic-sautéed asparagus, and some fancy red wine. He didn't eat much, instead he ate pecks of it and consumed most of his Cabernet. There was also a game of poker that seemed to involve everyone in the room-one woman and three men. Seema, Nieko, Andre, and Octavio. Malcolm took his time to observe each and every one of them.

There was Seema, she wasn't what Malcolm expected. In fact, he wasn't expecting her at all-a female. When he arrived, she was introduced to him as the big boss and CEO of the company, Seem. Seem was a legal company owned by Seema Devoe. Through that company customers can purchase firearms, hunting products, outdoor products, and ammunition.

Her million-dollar company was going well, but she had an extra hustle on the side. Apparently, she sold unmarked weapons to people who wanted it for illegal reasons.

Seema's bossy and determined demeanor brought her to the top. She called the shots and gave her people the go on certain moves. Besides her power, she had an unsettled personality with a spitfire characteristic. From what Malcolm witnessed, she bossed people around as if it was normal.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Octavio yelled out as he slammed his meaty, brown hand on the poker table, making the poker chips jump lightly. He sat there laughing out loud, people could see his gold that covered the sides of his teeth. "Give it all up!"

Malcolm watched as Octavio scooped the stacks of chips near him. Nobody bothered to stop him. He was Seema's older brother and if you messed with him, you would definitely have something to deal with. Fortunately, Octavio could handle his own battles. He stood about 6'6 and was built all brawny like an ox. His figure and stance got him a permanent job as his sister's bodyguard.

"Lucky nigga." Andre commented under his breath. He was a friend of Seema. Nieko told Malcolm that he was married with kids-he had two kids by his wife. Unfortunately, he wasn't faithful to his family since he was secretly sleeping with Seema. Nothing was special about him at all. He was tall, ripped, and held tattoos all over his bald head, neck, and arms. "Take all my money."

"Don't be mad Andre." Seema commented with a smirk across her dark-skinned face. She had the prettiest, thickest lips ever. "My brother brought his good luck charm with him-me."

"If you say so." Andre replied with a scoffed.

Nieko sat there with his oxygen tank. He didn't fit in at all, he just didn't belong. Firstly, he was way older the the group. Secondly, Seema kept him around because he was easy. He wasn't really a target that police officers went after. Whenever the cops spotted Nieko, they assumed he was just an ordinary, old man who ran a restaurant. He sat there with his five o' clock shadow, which showed hints of grey hairs. He would limp to get where he was going and that sometimes was a hassle for him.

"Let's play again, double it." Nieko offered.

"It's getting pretty late." Seema spoke up while clearing her throat. "I have other things to do, Nieko. I did not come to New York to play poker all day."

Malcolm was happy to leave; he was tired of losing his money anyway. Octavio was a professional gambler, so he wasn't going to win any money playing against him.

"We should leave." Nieko told Malcolm as he stood up slowly.

Seema darted her eyes over at Nieko and said, "You go ahead. I want to have a little talk with your friend."

Nieko stood there looking confused, but he didn't dare ask Seema why she wanted to speak with Malcolm. He just nodded his head and proceeded to leave out with Andre and Octavio. They sparked up a conversation-which is what Seema wanted them to do.