18.

The movement of her legs brought pain to her inner core. She furrowed her eyebrows while continuing to whine from the discomfort she was in. Jersey's eyes fluttered open, briefly watching the ceiling fan that rotated at a brisk cycle.

Jersey studied the right side of the bed. It was empty. Malcolm had left while she was sleeping. She inhaled and immediately started smiling to herself. She could smell him; his alluring scent was all over her sheets and pillowcases.

Curiously, she wondered what he used because he smelled so damn good. In her opinion, it was a mixture of fresh laundry and frankincense.

She yawned, smelling her stale breath that caused her sit up. Jersey tried pushing herself out of bed. She clenched her jaws when slight pain occurred from her thighs. Thanks to Malcolm and his energy, he had her doing all kinds of positions.

She sat on the edge of the bed with nothing on. When she pushed her legs open, she could feel the wetness from her recent sexual involvement with Malcolm.

As soon as she stood up to find her robe, Jersey noticed a note that was sitting on the nightstand. She grabbed the note and read it carefully.

Call me when you wake up. I need to discuss something with you. I left you money for a Plan B-shit was crazy last night. There should be enough left for you to get your crusty ass feet scrubbed. - Malcolm

Jersey's mouth dropped when she read the last sentence. She looked down at her feet and realized that only one was indeed crusty. Her foot was still injured from smashing the clock, but she knew that Malcolm wouldn't believe her.

She looked at the money that was folded neatly beside her phone. Jersey grabbed the cash and thumbed through it. Malcolm had left her five hundred dollars. She furrowed her eyebrows in slight anger as she thought about his motive.

A prostitute, she felt like.

Growing up, Jersey witnessed a lot of prostitution going on. She lived in a brothel, so she was used to seeing drunken men slipping prostitutes a bankroll of cash after a long night of sucking and fucking.

She didn't want to be treated that way. Jersey had sex with Malcolm because she wanted to. She didn't want him thinking anything else. The young woman didn't see him as a cash cow, and she felt like he needed to know that. She tossed the money back on the table.

Quietly, she tipped over to the lone chair that sat in the corner of her room. Jersey snatched her robe up and slid it on with ease.

Before leaving out, Jersey grabbed her phone and quickly called Malcolm. She knew he would answer. The man never lazed around. He was an early bird who stayed out and about. Malcolm was going to get his bag, by any means.

The phone rang twice before he picked up. She stood there with her eyebrows furrowed as she looked over at the money.

"Finally, you're up." Malcolm greeted with his deep, yet soothing voice.

She looked over at the clock that was mounted on the wall. The time showed nine in the morning. Malcolm made it seem like it was twelve in the afternoon.

"It's only nine." She replied dryly.

"That's late for me."

Jersey sighed and said, "Why do I need to talk you?"

Malcolm stayed quiet for a while, which made Jersey call his name.

"Malcolm?" She called out.

"I'm here...I'm just trying to figure out why you got so much animosity this early in the morning with me. The fuck did I do?"