14.

Police officers roamed around, trying to busy themselves. Crime scene investigators were busy checking the two corpses and the surrounding area for evidence. Detective Gaines stood there asking Dean questions. His partner, Officer Richmond was busy writing everything down.

Detective Gaines stood there, studying Dean carefully. He was an average height man with a slim build. Gaines wore his hair cut really low and he sported a goatee. His sleeves were rolled up, revealing his hairy arms.

"So, you heard gunshots and decided to come outside?" Detective Gaines asked Dean casually.

"Right, yes." Dean tried to reply calmly with a head nod. He was nervous about the whole thing. Malcolm told him exactly what to say and do, but he still was a nervous wreck.

Malcolm instructed his cousin to call the police and let them know that two employees had been shot and killed in the back of the bar. He used his fair acting skills to get the police out there. Before he could blink, the whole squad was outside taking photos of the murder scene.

"You also reported that the company's truck was stolen?" Officer Richmond asked, following up with another question.

"Yeah. As soon as I walked outside, the guy in the truck started shooting at me, but he eventually pulled off."

"That explains the bullet holes..." Detective Gaines commented while looking at the wall and back at his partner. He darted his brown eyes over at Dean and asked, "Are you the owner of this bar?"

"No."

"Well, was the owner present when the shooting took place?"

"No, he's wasn't." Dean replied. "I close the bar up every night."

"I need the owner up here. Just so he can know what's going on. I also need that camera footage from the time this incident happened." Detective Gaines replied while narrowing his eyes in suspense.

"Get him on the phone, now." Officer Richmond demanded as he eyed Dean attentively.

Dean wanted to tell him off, but he decided against it. Instead, he pulled out his iPhone and called Malcolm up. He answered on the third ring, but he didn't say anything.

Unexpectedly, Detective Gaines snatched the phone out of Dean's hand. He started up the conversation and informed Malcolm that he needed to get to his bar, immediately. Malcolm didn't speak too much, but he did agree to show up.

When he got there, he was allowed inside. Malcolm played his part by acting surprised while being questioned individually. He showed Gaines the surveillance tape that only showed video shots of the suspect killing the two employers and taking off with the truck.

Dean was a little confused because he was expecting to see Dock and him in the video, but that part didn't show up at all.

Detective Gaines gathered up the information that was on Malcolm's company truck. After the bodies were taken away, the detective ordered a crime clean up and left shortly. Malcolm closed his bar and offered Dean a ride. They rode together in silence, trying to gather their thoughts.

"What's up with the video footage, man?" Dean asked while furrowing his eyebrows. "Shit was spooky. I didn't see me or unc in the clip."

"Thanks to my IT skills." Malcolm replied, referring to his skills in technology. He was lucky to take some technology courses while in college.

"How did you edit that shit?" Dean asked with his eyes bugged.

"I can't tell you everything." Malcolm stated without a smirk on his face.