24

Droplets of tears fell on the sink. Jersey covered her mouth, trying her best to cover her sniffles. She leaned over and wiped her eyes, so she could get a clear look of her view.

Two positive tests sat on the counter. As planned, she did make a trip to the drugstore and picked up some pregnancy tests. Jersey wasn't able to take them until the next day. After leaving work, she could barely get some alone time. Malcolm made sure to cling to her throughout the whole night. So, she ended up hiding the tests.

Jersey had been locked in the bathroom for over an hour. She was too worried about her life and the possible outcome it would have. She pulled at her hair while pacing the floor repetitively.

What am I going to do with a baby?

How the fuck did I get pregnant?

I took my Plan B faithfully!

-stop!-

Jersey remembered when she failed to take her Plan B on time. She turned her head and couldn't help but to look at herself in the mirror. This was not in her plans, she was not supposed to go this route.

Knock, Knock

The knocks startled Jersey, she jumped while grabbing the pregnancy tests that set on the counter. Her chest stuttered as she placed her eyes on the door.

"Y-yeah?"

She knew it was Malcolm, but she was starting to think it was someone else since he took a minute to answer.

"You aight in there?" He questioned her with a hint of concern laced in his voice.

"I'm okay."

"So, yeah...we need to be on the road. Your brother's plane lands soon"

"I'll be out in a minute."

Malcolm didn't try to respond to her. This time, he walked away from the door and walked out the room. Jersey made sure to wash her face before leaving out the bathroom, she didn't want Malcolm to see the evidence of her crying.

_____________________________

The busy traffic didn't seem to faze Malcolm. Expertly, he watched his surroundings as he made his way to his destination. When he came to a halt, he darted his eyes over at Jersey who was busy scrolling through her phone. He furrowed his brows in suspense.

This wasn't like her.

She was hyped about seeing her brother all week, but now she was sporting this subtle expression as she sat beside him in silence.

"You good?" He questioned her while unbuckling his seatbelt.

She removed her focus from her phone and looked over at him. Jersey plastered a smile on her face and said, "I'm okay."

Malcolm assumed she wasn't telling him something about her brother. Instead of leaving the discussion alone, he decided to press her about it.

"It's something you're not telling me?" He asked. "About your brother or something."

Jersey looked from left to right-confused. Slowly, she shook her head and said, "my brother and I are good. I'm just tired, that's all."

He sat there watching her, not saying anything.

"I'm fine, Malcolm." She assured him.

"You want anything out of the store?" He asked.

"A Sprite, please."