I. And Then There Was You

This is a SwanQueen fanfic from ABC's hit TV series, Once Upon A Time. This story will be non-linear but will be getting bits and pieces from the show. I don't own any of the characters from the show, but I will also be adding some made up ones. This is my first fanfic and I hope you guys will like it. I'm also open for any ideas that you would like to read in the story. Don't hesitate to give feedback. Thanks! Viva la SwanQueen! <3

Emma Swan decided to do a last minute shopping. She literally waited until the last day to get her school supplies. For Emma, procrastination had always been the fuel that got the work done. Why it worked? No clue... and so did uncovering out reasons for our existence. God, how I would love to have a personal assistant, right about now, Emma had thought. Her mind had always been adrift. Daydreaming was one of her fortes. A day without her lost in thought, wouldn't be complete. She left her apartment building and started up the street. She pondered for a minute and planned to walk to the store and then take the bus back home. This way, she'd have her daily exercise while saving some money.

It was a nice day out anyway. Emma decided to take the longer and more scenic route through the park across from her apartment. Nothing really unusual was happening. As she scanned the area and enjoyed the fresh air, she noticed there were few children playing Frisbee, some playing with their dogs, people riding bikes, skateboarding and were even jogging. Although something caught her eye, an elderly couple hand in hand was taking a stroll in the park on this beautiful day. There was something magical about seeing a couple still together after all these years. Nowadays nothing lasted, especially after everything she'd been through. Her parent's divorce, the custody battle between her brother, Neal and her and her mother winning because her father had betrayed her mother... that sort of thing. Emma loved her father and she was not about to give up on him. He was a good father and still is. He had given her everything she'd wanted when proved attainable. He's the best father... Ugh, enough. Emma didn't want to destroy what little hope she had for happiness, especially after she witnessed the sweet elderly couple that had been walking in front of her. She dismissed the negativity from her thoughts and entered a bookstore.

Hmm, I don't think I need that... Or that. Emma thought as she walked through the aisles filled with books. She looked for something that caught her eye. The Riding School? Oh wow, I bet Ruby would love this! Hah, hah...

After a while, Emma picked up another book off the shelf, flipped it on its back and read the blurb. This too didn't peak her interest so she placed it back on the shelf, when she heard a woman's voice over her shoulder, "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment." The woman's voice was low and husky and yet exuded a very calmingly sensual tone.

"Excuse me?" Emma looked up to see who that songstress' voice belonged to and to her surprise, this woman who stood before her was very beautiful. She was wearing a black pencil dress that hugged her curves, black high heeled boots that stopped below her knees, and a wine red blazer that matched her lips, her hair was above her shoulders and styled to perfection, her eyes could captivate anyone into lusting for her and without a doubt, Emma was now a part of that 'anyone' entourage. Her focus returned to those perfectly plump lips and when they curved like dancing waves as they spoke, it sent a whirl of imagination into Emma's not-so-innocent thoughts. I bet those tastes nice...

"A Study in Scarlet," the woman continued, although Emma was still fixated on this perfection of a woman before her. "The book you're deciding to put back. Why don't you give it a try? It's a good book especially if you're into mystery." The woman gave Emma a small wink.

Emma thought for sure that this woman was clearly flirting with her. "Oh, uh sure. Wait, was that thing you just said from the book?"

"Only one way to find out..." With a slight curve of a smile seducing in a way, the mystery woman started walking past her.

Emma was still fixated on her mystery woman, "Thank you!" But as she'd said the words, it was already too late. The mysterious woman had already turned the corner and disappeared. Without a doubt, that woman had burned a desire into Emma that was now difficult for her to forget the encounter. Those perfect plump lips... She wa definitely going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.

-FIN-

Okaaay... hopefully this chapter peaked your interest enough to read onto the next! So what did you think of it? Please leave a comment or a suggestion! I'm always open for that. Thanks for reading! ^_^