4. Shooting Stars

Was inspired to do this by an amAzing edit from @s.wagg.er. On Instagram.

<contains a bit of angst!>

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Christmas. The day when all of the children are happy and families are brought together by a strong bond to one spot. Just for that one day they enjoy their company together, relive all of the embarrassing and good memories of their lives under a Christmas tree. The same thing was happening under the roof of the Misfits Mansion, the sweet smells of the two stuffed turkeys swirling above the heads of the roommates, tickling their noses and making them drool.

,,Can we finally eat this?" Mason watched the brown cooked turkey, surrounded by green leaves of the salad plant. His eyes hungrily staring two holes in the hot flesh of the chrismats meal.

,,No! It's not Christmas time yet." Cameron looked up from his phone, red and green swirled in his blue eyes from the christmas lights, hanging lazily from the pine tree branches.

,,It's 25th of December." Mason looked over at the tall man with irritation in his eyes. He looked like a teenager when somebody stole his charger and phone. ,,How is it not Christmas time?" he mumbled under his breath and got back to staring and drooling over a turkey like it was some kind of a naked woman.

,,I heard that!" Cameron almost screamed, getting the attention from Mason again. But Mason ignored, looking over at the same stuffed turkey that he was eating with his eyes.

Cameron shifted in his seat, shrugging the eyes of others off, and looked back over at the time on his phone, waiting for eight Pm to tick down, he wanted to hold the tradition his family kept.

,,Helmet boy! Do you think it's christmas time yet?" Mason spoke, lifting his gaze and meeting a slightly grown-in face with a beard.

,,Huh?" Eric shared their gaze, looking around the table confused.

,,If it's Christmas time yet." said Mason again.

,,I guess?" Eric stratched his beard, still confused in what the conversion was about. It's not like he was on his phone, he put it away today, like he always does. He was just thinking and examining the texture of the wooden table below his elbows.

,,Ha! See Cameron? It's Christmas." Mason darted from Eric to Cameron who, now, stared at both of them. He was pretty sure he told Eric about the Eight PM. But on the other hand Eric couldn't know without his phone and without any clocks that weren't hanging on any of the white walls.

,,I know it's Christmas. I'm just waiting."

,,For Jesus himself to come and knock at our door?" Mason snorted, completely ignoring the roasted turkey that was stealing his attention before.

Eric looked up, seeing Mason waiting for an answer with his hands on the table. Oh, what he would give, for attention from Cameron. Shaking the naughty thought away, he continued on examining the wooden texture of the table, sometimes grazing a finger over it, or count the ellipses.

,,No. It's for a tradition." Cameron lowered his voice, ashamed of what he had said. He just wanted to make his parents proud of him, to spread this tradition to the kids he will have. What's that something he was ashamed of then?

Mason opened his mouth to say something, but shut it close and looking over at Eric. ,,What's a tradition?"

Eric looked up, noticing the question that was flied to him. He remembered something, but not the traditional tradition. His tradition. Waking up and shaking the thought of Cameron waking up next to him. Brushing his teeth, thinking how would his lips could touch his. Taking a shower and imagining the water beads as Cameron's hands. A small part of him hated those thoughts, but people love what's forbidden.