Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Jaeyeon, wait!"

I weaved my way through the mass of plants, different shades of green all swirling into a big whirlpool ahead of me. My bare feet scraped against rocks and sticks, dried leaves. Twigs and fallen leaves had caught in my hair.

I came to a stop, leaning against the trunk of a tree, sinking down to the ground.

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why did I have to fall for you?

Why did I have to ruin my plans?

"WHY?!" I yelled out loud into the nothingness. I let out a high pitched scream of pain and annoyance, gazing up at the canopy of leaves above me.

The tears leaked out of my eyes and trailed down my cheeks like a flowing river of water. I brought my hand up to my face and wiped them away, only to have it replaced by a fresh batch of tears.

"I should've listened. I should've listened to Saena. If I had, then none of this would've happened. I wouldn't be here. Why am I so stupid...?" I mumbled. "WHY AM I SO STUPID?! WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!"

Crossing my arms over my knees, I lay my head down and rested my tired eyes. A light wind blew, causing the cool droplets of water that clung to my skin to evaporate, that cold glazed feeling lingering on my skin for a while more.

--------------------------------------------------

Yoochun's POV

"Jaeyeon, wait!" I yelled after her retreating figure, my outstretched arm falling to the ground. After a while of contemplation, I pulled myself out of the blue water, the cool wind caressing my body.

"What happened?" Taemin and the others had waded their way over to the edge of the waterfall. My gaze landed on him, and I could tell he was angry. As my eyes scanned over the rest of them, I couldn't help but notice that Jaejoong looked like he was about to burst.

"She ran away..." I said, regret evident in my voice.

"What did you do to her?!" Taemin exclaimed, his voice loud, but low.

"I-" I began, only to be cut off.

"Don't just fcking stand there, idiot. Go look for her!" Jaejoong yelled at me, while jumping out of the pool of water. Without stopping to change, dry himself off or put on his shoes, he sprinted into the big green mess.

I looked back to the waterfall to see Taemin and Saena getting out as well, before proceeding to follow Jaejoong's example and running into the maze.

The rest of the guys got out as well. Changmin and Junsu walked into the forest, making their way around safely while searching for Jaeyeon. Instead of searching, I fell to my knees, holding me head in my hands.

"Why am I like this...?" I asked, only to be answered by silence. The wind continued to blow, and eventually, I stood up and followed the rest into the forest.

---------------------------

Jaeyeon's POV

After my tears had dried and I was tired beyond words, I stood up, dusting off whatever dirt there was on my swimmers. I continued to walk, not knowing where I was going. I let my feet lead me to wherever they wished, unconscious to my surroundings.

After what felt like hours, the trees and bushes began to thin out, and a vast clearing came into view. Only, in the centre of that clearing, was a run down building. It looked to be abandoned, apart from the fact that on the 3rd floor, a single room was lit, flickering away as the sun disappeared.