Ch 5

A/N- It's cleaning day, but I wanted to add an extra mini chapter because I wanted to update again. So this chapter is kinda short.

Date:
August 10, 1819
Location:
Queen's bedroom

Date:August 10, 1819Location:Queen's bedroom

Outfit(s):
Same

Eliza POV

     I watched Alex leave and waited for him to be out of sight for me to go back inside. Once I shut and locked the balcony door, my bedroom door swung open.

     I gasped out of shock at quickly sat on my bed, turning towards the direction of my door. Raul stood there, crossed arms.

Raul- Who were you talking to?

Eliza- N-No one.

Raul- I know you were.

Eliza- I wasn't talking to anybody!

Raul- So you just randomly quote Romeo and Juliet whenever you want?

Eliza- Of coarse! But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious-

Raul- Stop it, Elizabeth! I know you were talking to someone. Now, who was it!

Eliza- I told you. I was talking to myself.

Raul- Were you talking to Alexander?

     I immediately got quiet and looked around, fiddling with my fingers. I looked back up at him and saw his eyes widen and jaw dropped.

Raul- So you were! I told you to not talk to him!

Eliza- Oh come on! He's my friend!

Raul- Does a friend kidnap you, threaten to kill you, physically abuse you, and keep you captive unless you hand over a treasure that you need?

     As he said that, I looked at my nightstand that had a jewelry box that held the locket.

Eliza- No.. b-but that was at the beginning of our relationship. He changed.

Raul- A Pirate is a Pirate-

Eliza- And a friend is a friend, Raul! We care about each other and would never hurt each other now. So I can talk to him as much as I want, like it or not! And even if you don't like them, they may stay here for a few months, maybe even years! So just deal with it!

     He looked away and rocked back and forth. I stared at him angrily.

Raul- I... I just don't want to see you get hurt again, Eliza. You're my little sister, and I can't see you get upset or loose more than you already have.

Eliza- I get that you're trying to look out for me, but I'm 23 years old now. I can look out for myself. And if I am getting hurt, I'll just go and find you. But do you see me getting hurt right now?

     He continued to stare at the wall. I repeated myself.

Eliza- Raul.. do you see me getting hurt?

     He waited a bit longer before shaking his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

Raul- But-

Eliza- There are no but's. I'm not getting hurt, therefore I don't need help.

     He blinked, clearing keeping back angry tears. Yeah, he cries when he gets really pissed off.  It's something that my siblings and I made fun of him about.

     But I knew that I was the one that made him angry, so it's my fault.

Eliza- I'm sorry, Raul. But I really want you to stop being so over protective. I can fight my own battles.

Raul- But I just don't want you to get hurt.

Eliza- It's fine! And I know that the most he would do now to me is a paper cut: just him being so annoying and getting on my nerve, but can heal quickly.

     He gave a soft laugh and looked back at me. I smiled. A few seconds past before Emilee walked in the room.

Emilee- What's going on? I woke up to yelling and had to join.

Eliza- Just the usual: Raul being over protective.

Emilee- Oh, so a normal day in the Schuyler Family.

Eliza- Uh Huh.

Emilee- It's so annoying!

Eliza- I know. He can be such a gem sometimes.

Raul- I'm right here still, Elizabeth and Emilee.

     The two of us giggled, causing our brother to laugh some more. She shut the door and walked over to us, joining the conversation.

Eliza- He thinks my friends are dangerous.

Emilee- The pirates? Yeah, they scare me. I don't think I've been that close to an actual pirate before. But they didn't seem like pirates. They seemed like normal people, but without manners. That's one thing that bothered me: they didn't have manners. And they seemed aggressive and would kill someone any second. But besides that, they seem pretty cool. Oh, and that man that spoke French? He seemed really nice at first, but then said something really aggressive in French as then I got scared of him.

Eliza- Great...

Emilee- What?

Eliza- I just realized that there's going to be two Peggy's under the same roof.

Raul- Is that a bad thing?

Eliza- ...Yeah, probably. Just imagine two versions of Emilee.

     He thought for a second before his eyes widening and slowly made his way out of the room. Emilee yelled for him and skipped out of the room, following him.

     Hopefully, they'll get an answer and tell me if they're staying or not, because I really need to know now so I can prepare for two talkative, too happy, childish, very loud girls running around.